LX565 Boom Cylinder upper bushing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Straydog

Hi All Can anyone tell me if the boom cylinders have a replaceable bush at the top pivot point where the boom pin is? The parts diagram shows a bush at the bottom pivot but not at the top. Also, has anyone fabricated their own replacement pins to save paying for genuine ones? I'm in Australia and we pay around 3 times the price for parts here. Finally, I also need to replace my boom cylinder seals. Apparently for the LX565 there are 2 types of cylinders - a retaining ring gland type or a threaded ring gland. Is there any way to identify which one I have without pulling it apart? My LX565 is one of the older ones but I don't know which year it is.

deaop06

The threaded one shows that there is a nut and the ring is a round ring. Don't know if you can see the top of the cylinder or not. Don't know about the upper pins but you can have anything made. Good luck.

Tazza

Staff member
The threaded one shows that there is a nut and the ring is a round ring. Don't know if you can see the top of the cylinder or not. Don't know about the upper pins but you can have anything made. Good luck.
Yeah, we do get reamed on parts pries over here.
I make my own pins out of 4140 ground bar from steel suppliers.
Replacing seals isn't too hard, the hardest part is getting the gland nut off the end of the cylinder. Some screw out, others have retaining clips.