LT185.b compact track loader safety malfunctions?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ylekyote

And the list of stuff to fix just continues to grow! Lol If the boom is up and/or bucket is tilted up and the foot control pedals are depressed they still operate the boom/bucket and will let them fall down when machine is turned OFF. It's not supposed to do this right? Shouldn't the pedals lock when the machine is off and not allow the hydraulics to release? I've noticed that sometimes the boom (left pedal) will lock, but usually it doesn't. I have not noted a pattern to this behavior yet. Anyone know a common fix for this? FYI, I think this machine was turned over onto it's right side by the concrete company that operated/owned it before me. Not sure if this could have been a cause of the pedals safety malfunctions...

mfyock

Put the boom down on the ground. Engine off. Remove cover between your legs to expose hydraulic valve. Look at the valve and find the two electric solenoids. Each will have two wires coming off it. Unbolt the solenoid, should take about a 1" wrench to spin solenoid out. Solenoid should be spring loaded out. The solenoid has a spring loaded "tab" that catches in a groove in the spool valve. I have seen some solenoids where the "tab" gets corroded and then stuck in. If that's the case free up the solenoid with PB blaster/WD40 etc. You can hook solenoid right up to battery charger to see if its working properly. Solenoid should be spring loaded out and catch on the spool valve. Only when voltage is applied will the solenoid draw in and allow the pedals to operate.

OP
OP
Y

ylekyote

Put the boom down on the ground. Engine off. Remove cover between your legs to expose hydraulic valve. Look at the valve and find the two electric solenoids. Each will have two wires coming off it. Unbolt the solenoid, should take about a 1" wrench to spin solenoid out. Solenoid should be spring loaded out. The solenoid has a spring loaded "tab" that catches in a groove in the spool valve. I have seen some solenoids where the "tab" gets corroded and then stuck in. If that's the case free up the solenoid with PB blaster/WD40 etc. You can hook solenoid right up to battery charger to see if its working properly. Solenoid should be spring loaded out and catch on the spool valve. Only when voltage is applied will the solenoid draw in and allow the pedals to operate.
Thank you. I just saw this answer because I failed to check back and for some reason the system isn't sending me an email when replies are posted. Not in my spam either. I now have further problems...boom will not raise at all. It's stuck in the resting/down position. Bucket will tilt fine. No noises or anything. No lines broken. Fluid is full. The left pedal that controls vertical lift is locked, it doesn't move either way, like a safety is engaged. This had no warning. It was operating fine and then suddenly stopped when I went to lift and dump a load of top soil on my ditch. I will check all the wires by/under seat and such. Does the valve box solenoid still sound like a possible cause? This machine does have a hyd fluid leak that has been steady since I bought it a year ago. I can't ID the origin. It leaks 1 quart every two to three hours of hard working. Related maybe?