Lift pump?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

Hi Guys,
I have an LX 985 that will now only idle. If it idles @ 960 and I rev it up it takes about 1-2 minutes to get to about 1300, then if I try to move the boom the rpms drop off fast. Fuel filter is new, electric pump is pumping, pickup not clogged because I blew through it. Machine has been sitting nearly empty on fuel. I added 5 gallons and it only brought it up to 2 bars on gauge so it was really low. I also cracked the injectors to verify fuel was getting up there. Any Ideas besides lift pump? There are 2 electric connections by lift pump , one is the shut off and the other I don't know what it does because diagram on Messicks site wouldn't appear.
Thanks,
Steve

Mike10

If you are getting a good supply of fuel to the injection pump, then I would suspect something is stuck in the injection pump. If it sat a long time it is possible something has either rusted up or gummed up in the injection pump.

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

If you are getting a good supply of fuel to the injection pump, then I would suspect something is stuck in the injection pump. If it sat a long time it is possible something has either rusted up or gummed up in the injection pump.
Hi Mike,
I sort of suspected the same . If so...would something like a diesel fuel injector cleaner poured in fuel tank be a possible fix or do you think something will have to come apart?
Steve

Mike10

Hi Mike,
I sort of suspected the same . If so...would something like a diesel fuel injector cleaner poured in fuel tank be a possible fix or do you think something will have to come apart?
Steve
You don't have anything to lose

frogfarmer

The pumps on these motors are simple and would have to be very bad for it to be stuck and stay stuck. I would suspect the shut off is partially operating or the fuel supply is restricted. Does the machine smoke under any of the conditions? Does it start easily? Does it have a good battery? Check the voltage at the shut-off to verify you dont have a bad connection somewhere. Honestly if diesel fuel wont free it up no amount of snake oil is going to cure it.