L555 with 4.108 Perkins Oil Pan Gasket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dwain

I have a leak on the front of the oil pan. I'm pretty sure it's the gasket. I have a Service Manual and an Operator's manual, but neither show a procedure for changing the gaskets. I've looked online, but from what I can tell, the manuals that are out there are just like what I have with different covers. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help - Dwain

flyerdan

The biggest problem with replacing the gasket is clearance; with the engine in place there generally isn't enough room to remove the pan completely to get the new gasket in. Even if it drops enough to clear the journals, the oil pickup tube goes to the bottom of the sump.
Since the leak is at the front, it could also be the front crank seal, or the timing cover gasket where it meets the oil pan. The front pulley would sling oil in an arc, so it should be pretty evident if that was the case.
If someone has replaced the timing set, they might have done it without dropping the pan, which would probably bugger up the gasket, as it would be on the same plane when putting the cover on.

Ivan

Only way to get to the bolts you need to is raise the machine up and get under it and even then I am not sure if you can get the front pan bolds out. I am not familar with the Perkins but the Kubota is just a straight oil panand all the crank parks are inside the block only thing sticking below the block is the oil pickup. If you can get to the bolts on ypurs try tightening them up as they may have come loose

Latest posts