L555 Hydrostatic Pump Gasket/Seal leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JohnDV

Quick question, My Hydrostatic Pump is leaking around the bottom edge. Looks like the gasket blown, part of the exposed gasket has come apart. Is there another formed gasket or just silicon? Also, do I need to remove the pump in order to reseal? If I back off the two nuts holding the pump will it give me say 1/8" or so gap?

Tazza

Staff member
I can't tell you how to get it out to repair it, but once out, you should be able to get a new gasket, or worst case, clean up the gasket that is leaking and put a little silicone on the gasket surfaces to seal it.
I'd assume a bad gasket like this is rare to leak, i'd have assumed a seall on a shaft would be more likely? ensure it's not leaking from a seal and dripping down.

OP
OP
J

JohnDV

I can't tell you how to get it out to repair it, but once out, you should be able to get a new gasket, or worst case, clean up the gasket that is leaking and put a little silicone on the gasket surfaces to seal it.
I'd assume a bad gasket like this is rare to leak, i'd have assumed a seall on a shaft would be more likely? ensure it's not leaking from a seal and dripping down.
I assumed I'd have to take out the pump to reseal it…I was just checking. Also you're probably right about the shaft seal.... I'm checking now to ensure nothing above is leaking down. Thanks Lastly, I would have posted a pic but the system just wouldn't let me. I tried IE "Edge" and Chrome browsers???

Tazza

Staff member
I assumed I'd have to take out the pump to reseal it…I was just checking. Also you're probably right about the shaft seal.... I'm checking now to ensure nothing above is leaking down. Thanks Lastly, I would have posted a pic but the system just wouldn't let me. I tried IE "Edge" and Chrome browsers???
IE genreally works, but can be a bit of a pain at times. If you look up my profile, you can email me the pictures to have a look at.

Latest posts