L555 deluxe buzzer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

deaop06

Can some tell me what the buzzer is for and do I need it? I have never heard it and don't know it works. I would like to take it out and make room for a oil pressure gauge. Thanks

Mike10

The buzzer is to alert you when the hydrostat charge pressure is low. There should also be a light for the charge pressure on the right cab pillar.

OP
OP
deaop06

deaop06

The buzzer is to alert you when the hydrostat charge pressure is low. There should also be a light for the charge pressure on the right cab pillar.
Thank you Mike10, I have the light on right pillar. I think I will use the buzzer spot and enlarge it to take the engine oil pressure gauge that I am going to install. I may move the buzzer to the back of inside cab. Probably a good idea to keep it just in case. Thank you again

OP
OP
deaop06

deaop06

Thank you Mike10, I have the light on right pillar. I think I will use the buzzer spot and enlarge it to take the engine oil pressure gauge that I am going to install. I may move the buzzer to the back of inside cab. Probably a good idea to keep it just in case. Thank you again
Well everything seems ok. Got the oil pressure gauge installed today. I removed the buzzer an used that spot for gauge. I just zip tied the buzzer to wires in opening behind the plate and left it hooked up. On startup the pressure rose to 75 lbs then settled to 55-60 after 10 mins. That was at half throttle at slow idle it stayed at 45. Sounds good. I don't know where it should run but know the engine isn't running low. Used it about an hour to move some slag around and everything seems fine. The gauge is nice.

OP
OP
deaop06

deaop06

Well everything seems ok. Got the oil pressure gauge installed today. I removed the buzzer an used that spot for gauge. I just zip tied the buzzer to wires in opening behind the plate and left it hooked up. On startup the pressure rose to 75 lbs then settled to 55-60 after 10 mins. That was at half throttle at slow idle it stayed at 45. Sounds good. I don't know where it should run but know the engine isn't running low. Used it about an hour to move some slag around and everything seems fine. The gauge is nice.
Just a follow up on oil pressure gauge. I got a kit at Advance Auto because it was close to me. It came with 5' of plastic tube. Got everything ready and the 5' is not long enough. Since I had the tube run from the gauge I just bought another tube kit with 6' of tube. I needed about 7 1/2' total. I just spliced the two lines together with the extra adapters. You can buy any gauge from anywhere. I have about $26 in mine as I needed it done to use the machine. I used a SunPro gauge. I saw gauges on Ebay as low as $8 + shipping. Knowing what I know now I would have bought the gauge, then a kit with 10' of hose. Everything is working fine now. Hoping that anyone who wants to install an oil gauge in a skid can use this information.

Ivan

Just a follow up on oil pressure gauge. I got a kit at Advance Auto because it was close to me. It came with 5' of plastic tube. Got everything ready and the 5' is not long enough. Since I had the tube run from the gauge I just bought another tube kit with 6' of tube. I needed about 7 1/2' total. I just spliced the two lines together with the extra adapters. You can buy any gauge from anywhere. I have about $26 in mine as I needed it done to use the machine. I used a SunPro gauge. I saw gauges on Ebay as low as $8 + shipping. Knowing what I know now I would have bought the gauge, then a kit with 10' of hose. Everything is working fine now. Hoping that anyone who wants to install an oil gauge in a skid can use this information.
I installed a temp guage in mine also. I put 2 different sending units in it and they lasted a short while and quit working. At 80 bucks a shot I just bought a guage and installed it where you did.

palmtree

I installed a temp guage in mine also. I put 2 different sending units in it and they lasted a short while and quit working. At 80 bucks a shot I just bought a guage and installed it where you did.
Ivan. Could you give me any additional info on the temp gauge you installed. I'm thinking about installing a pod with engine temp, engine oil pressure and charge pressure gauges. Thanks

Ivan

Ivan. Could you give me any additional info on the temp gauge you installed. I'm thinking about installing a pod with engine temp, engine oil pressure and charge pressure gauges. Thanks
I used an over the counter electric guage and cut a 2 inch round hole in the control panel to fit the guage in. If you use a cluster you could mount them above the light panel on the right side. Mine had a hole thru the firewall and I run the wire thru it and under the rubber window strip to the light panel and up into the overhead panel. You may be able to use the flat 4 wire like is on a trail if youhave more than one wire from the engine forward