L555 attachment question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

flopguy

My L555 has the original mounting plate. I realize that is unique to NH/JD but when I look at other attachments it seem like the top of the mount is similar "^" kind of top, but doesn't have the 2 double "L" on the bottom the the lever locks onto. My question is, are there other types (companies) attachments, that I can buy and weld on these "L" brackets? Has anyone tried this? or am I barking the wrong direction.. I realize they make converter plates, but I am trying to avoid paying a grand for that, because my machine is on the old side and I just want to buy 1 attachment.

Ivan

I have the same type of hookup. I built my forks and used my hooks on the bucket as a pattern. I cut the u hooks out welded them on a flat piece of steel and then welded them to the plate on the forks. I have read of a couple of places where you can buy the attachment with a plain mount on it and then add you own hookup

OP
OP
F

flopguy

I have the same type of hookup. I built my forks and used my hooks on the bucket as a pattern. I cut the u hooks out welded them on a flat piece of steel and then welded them to the plate on the forks. I have read of a couple of places where you can buy the attachment with a plain mount on it and then add you own hookup
Yea that is what I was thinking as far as making the bottom U hooks, but what I was wondering is the top part, would the L555 mount slip up under other manufacturers mounts?