just waiting to pick it up!!!!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jeffb

hello to all in this wonderful site. i finally found a 773 in very good shape and i signed the papers today. now i am just waiting to go back with a trailer and pick it up. it had a slight fuel leak at number 1 fuel injector which will be fixed for me and then it will be ready. i plan to pick it up on monday the 28th and i cant wait. one question i have: is it normal for water to drip from the center underneath? the salesman said they washed it and this was residual. it seems ok to me because its coming from where the skid plates meet but i wanted to be sure. should i check the chaincase fluid? thanks to all you guys who contribute here, because of all your valuable information i was able to pick out a very good machine at a very good price, I HOPE. i already have projects laid out and a couple of jobs lined up also. keep up the good work, and thanks again for all the help. i will keep you posted. Jeff.

Tazza

Staff member
Water in that area is normal if it was washed down.
You can check the chain case oil by removing the plug at the front, put your finger inside and see what colour it is. It should be filled to the bottom of the threads if its on flat ground.

skidsteer.ca

Water from washing gets in around the outside of the fuel tank and dripps out underneath, there are also 2 drain holes one on each side of the chaincase just forward of the rear axel that drain the belly, these often get plugged with dirt so any water inside the belly is slow to drain out.
Have fun!
Ken

OP
OP
J

jeffb

Water from washing gets in around the outside of the fuel tank and dripps out underneath, there are also 2 drain holes one on each side of the chaincase just forward of the rear axel that drain the belly, these often get plugged with dirt so any water inside the belly is slow to drain out.
Have fun!
Ken
Tazza, Skidsteer.ca, thanks guys, i will look at that when i pick it up to make sure there is not a problem before i tow it home. again thanks for all your help. great info is shared on this site that's invaluable. hope i am able to help out someone one day and return the favor. also i tried to post a picture of the machine but was not able to. i will try again later. thanks again. Jeff

OP
OP
J

jeffb

Tazza, Skidsteer.ca, thanks guys, i will look at that when i pick it up to make sure there is not a problem before i tow it home. again thanks for all your help. great info is shared on this site that's invaluable. hope i am able to help out someone one day and return the favor. also i tried to post a picture of the machine but was not able to. i will try again later. thanks again. Jeff
hello to all. i finally got my skidsteer home in one piece. let me tell you, i dont know how i got along without it. got my driveway done in about 20 minutes. looking forward to the next projects. still have not figured out this picture thing yet. is there a certain place to put them or am i missing something Thanks, jeff

Tazza

Staff member
hello to all. i finally got my skidsteer home in one piece. let me tell you, i dont know how i got along without it. got my driveway done in about 20 minutes. looking forward to the next projects. still have not figured out this picture thing yet. is there a certain place to put them or am i missing something Thanks, jeff
They really are great, i couldn't live without mine either.
Pictures can be uploaded in the 'media' section that i fyou look up a bt higher on your screen you should see it. Click it and select pictures. Just make sure you follow the prompts, it can be a little tricky. The other way is to upload them to a file hosting site such as photobucket.

TheMEGAbobcatman

They really are great, i couldn't live without mine either.
Pictures can be uploaded in the 'media' section that i fyou look up a bt higher on your screen you should see it. Click it and select pictures. Just make sure you follow the prompts, it can be a little tricky. The other way is to upload them to a file hosting site such as photobucket.
Hi, I'm soon going to purchase this Bobcat 463, and i'm looking to get a trailer to hual it around with my v8, 2x4, 2004 Dodge Dakota, and the tow capasity of my Dakota is only 6100 pounds, so I'm woundering if anyone knows where you can rent or buy a trailer that weighs atleast 1700 pounds but can hual about 4700 pounds, thanks.

OldMachinist

Hi, I'm soon going to purchase this Bobcat 463, and i'm looking to get a trailer to hual it around with my v8, 2x4, 2004 Dodge Dakota, and the tow capasity of my Dakota is only 6100 pounds, so I'm woundering if anyone knows where you can rent or buy a trailer that weighs atleast 1700 pounds but can hual about 4700 pounds, thanks.
The weight of a 463 is only around 2500 lbs. So unless you're planning on hauling around a bunch of attachments with it you shouldn't need that much of a trailer. I haul my 453 in a 10' livestock trailer and put the other bucket in the bed of the truck if I need it.