Hydraulic surge on TL130

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HandyMoe

Just rescued a TL130 from being partially submersed under water and have managed to get almost everything back to normal. The problem I am seeing besides the temp going hot is that when I lift the bucket and then lower it, I seem to get a bounce. I cannot let anyone use this unit for this reason. What can I do to correct this issue. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
What do you mean a bounce? the bucket jumps up before lowering?
Could it be air in the oil?

OP
OP
H

HandyMoe

What do you mean a bounce? the bucket jumps up before lowering?
Could it be air in the oil?
yeah exactly that....The bucket would bounce during the lift and usually during the drop.....It is possible there is air in the line but for it to do so extreme seems odd. Maybe it is just my lack of experience with this, as I am used to Bobcat. I wish there was a way to combine a TL130 with a Bobcat......

Tazza

Staff member
yeah exactly that....The bucket would bounce during the lift and usually during the drop.....It is possible there is air in the line but for it to do so extreme seems odd. Maybe it is just my lack of experience with this, as I am used to Bobcat. I wish there was a way to combine a TL130 with a Bobcat......
The other thing it could be is the load checks on the control block.
Does it do it for tilt as well as lift?

OP
OP
H

HandyMoe

The other thing it could be is the load checks on the control block.
Does it do it for tilt as well as lift?
It happens only on the lift or downward position. The tilt is not affected. I haven't tried it in about a week since getting the unit up and running from the partial submergence but am tempted to soon. Unfortunately we can't send it out either due to some legal issue.....

Tazza

Staff member
It happens only on the lift or downward position. The tilt is not affected. I haven't tried it in about a week since getting the unit up and running from the partial submergence but am tempted to soon. Unfortunately we can't send it out either due to some legal issue.....
I'd suspect a load check then.
On the control block, you will see where the spools enter the block, there will be plugs above the spool, these should be your load checks. Some have Orings that you can replace, some just have poppets and seats that you really can't do much with.
Hopefully that is all it is......