Hydrapower JR 1800 Skid Steer Loader Information

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OJ

Hi, I am hoping to find any information anyone may have about the Hydrapower JR1800 Skid Steer made in the mid 80's by Jack Roat / Hydrapower here in Australia. I have recently bought a second hand unit and am looking to service it and fix a few drive issues and hydraulic leaks in the engine compartment. Ideally I am hoping to source a copy of the workshop manual so I can pull the engine out (has engine rail slides) and repair the hydraulic lines. If anyone has a manual or might know someone that does it would be great to get in contact. I am happy to compensate for any time and info. Any help would be appreciated. I have managed to find some info from the Hydrapower site, and yes, I have spoken to them but as it is old and the company has had a number or restructures the information I am looking for in no longer available from them. Thank you, any help appreciated.

OP
OP
O

OJ

From the website: Hydrapower 1800 Skid Steer Loader ________________________________________ • Innovation is cultured, not copied. In the mid-1970's, a founding director of Hydrapower designed and built a skid steer loader that was unlike anything else available; Hydrapower JR1800 specifications: • Engine - 52 hp (39 kw) Three Cylinder Perkins • Four wheel hubs powered each wheel (not chain drive). • Hydraulic flow - 16 gpm (60 lpm) • Hydraulic pressure - 2600 psi (179 bar) The Hydrapower skid steer loader had more pushing and lifting power than any other skid steer loader in the market. The last Hydrapower skid steer was built in the mid-1980's. There are still many Hydrapower JR-1800's still in service today.

Tazza

Staff member
From the website: Hydrapower 1800 Skid Steer Loader ________________________________________ • Innovation is cultured, not copied. In the mid-1970's, a founding director of Hydrapower designed and built a skid steer loader that was unlike anything else available; Hydrapower JR1800 specifications: • Engine - 52 hp (39 kw) Three Cylinder Perkins • Four wheel hubs powered each wheel (not chain drive). • Hydraulic flow - 16 gpm (60 lpm) • Hydraulic pressure - 2600 psi (179 bar) The Hydrapower skid steer loader had more pushing and lifting power than any other skid steer loader in the market. The last Hydrapower skid steer was built in the mid-1980's. There are still many Hydrapower JR-1800's still in service today.
Sadly i don't have any info on this machine, welcome to the site though.
Leaks should be easy enough to repair, new hydraulic lines or Orings should fix that.

ojr32

Sadly i don't have any info on this machine, welcome to the site though.
Leaks should be easy enough to repair, new hydraulic lines or Orings should fix that.
Thanks Tazza for the reponse. I Finally managed to work out how to slide the engine and hydrastatic drive/pumps out. All the drive componenets are mounted on to a c-channel frame on rollers. This makes getting to the engine and pumps so much easier as it slides out the rear compartment. I have just completed an oil change on the 3152 perkins and looking at replacing a few hoses/o-rings. I have bought new hydraulic filters all round but have a question regarding oil type? I am looking at dumping the old unknown oil and use ISO 46 hydraulic oil. I use it in my excavators and wanted to know if anyone thinks it would be an issue using it on this skid steer or would ISO 68 be the better option? The pump is a Casappa CP 33 D. Are there rebuild or service kits for these as well? There are four drives which are Borg Warner Power Wheels. I will try to get some photos up of the repairs... Again a service manual would be great if anyone knows where one is!

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza for the reponse. I Finally managed to work out how to slide the engine and hydrastatic drive/pumps out. All the drive componenets are mounted on to a c-channel frame on rollers. This makes getting to the engine and pumps so much easier as it slides out the rear compartment. I have just completed an oil change on the 3152 perkins and looking at replacing a few hoses/o-rings. I have bought new hydraulic filters all round but have a question regarding oil type? I am looking at dumping the old unknown oil and use ISO 46 hydraulic oil. I use it in my excavators and wanted to know if anyone thinks it would be an issue using it on this skid steer or would ISO 68 be the better option? The pump is a Casappa CP 33 D. Are there rebuild or service kits for these as well? There are four drives which are Borg Warner Power Wheels. I will try to get some photos up of the repairs... Again a service manual would be great if anyone knows where one is!
Why do you feel you need to rebuild the pump? is there a lack of power or is it just leaking? My dad spoke to a guy about his pump, a repair kit is not available, but there are options. If you look up my profile, send me an email and i'll pass on my dads phone number and you can see if the details he can give you will be of any help.
Depending on the pump issues, you may get away with new seals and sanding the wear plates.
As for oil, being from .au, I'd want something heavier than plain old hydraulic oil, I run 20W50 engine oil. Our summers get hot and the oil will thin out a lot, our winters are so mild, we don't have issues of heavier oil being like honey in the winters like our American friends do. I believe the 46 grade you have would be a decent match, I get so very confused with those oils, I never know if the higher the number the heavier or not.....
If you want to have a chat send me an email, but it's your call :)