70's IH skidsteer 3200A w/ wisconsin vh4d

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Nosprk4me1x

I have a wisconsin vh4d powering my old skidsteer. I changed a couple leaky hoses and brought it outside and since there was old fluid and crap everywhere that hadn't been cleaned since the 70s I'm guessing (I've owned it for about a year) so I drove it outside, covered all the things I could think of and proceeded to degrease and pressure wash it. Afterwards I fired it up and began spreading the Gravel in my driveway and it ran just fine like it always had. After about 30 min I figured the gas must be getting low so I shut it down and filled the tank. After allowing it to cool down for roughly an hour I got back in and tried to start and all it would do was turn over no fire. Since then I have replaced:
Distr.cap & rotor - plugs & wires - all new wiring the whole machine - starter switch & ignition switch - fuel filter. It still has the original voltage regulator and separate rectifier. It has a flywheel alternator. Original coil and capacitor.
Now it has 95 -100 psi in each cylinder, spark at coil and spark at each plug (D16s). It gets fuel no problem. So I've got the three things an internal combustion engine requires to run, compression, spark & fuel but it doesn't even pop! I've sprayed ether in each cylinder and into carb and no fire, nothing. Spark at the plugs is strong and blue. I've never run into this before, could it be the valves are stuck and not allowing any air for the fire? I thought maybe getting water into the flywheel area might have caused something strange to happen but i just can't imagine how it ran so good after i washed it. And the battery is pretty new and is fully charged. The only thing i didn't hook back up was the hour meter, the terminals fell right off when i attempted to remove the wires because it was so rotted/corroded. But that shouldn't affect it or cause it to not fire. I'm hoping someone ran into this before and knows what it needs to run again. I still have about 10 yards of Gravel to move and level and that and the machine are blocking my garage door. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Latest posts