hose change on case 1840

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ezridr60

new to the forum. did a search on my topic, nada. I need to change out the two hydraulic hoses that go from a hydraulic junction block near the bottom of the hyd reservoir to the heat exchanger (hyd radiator) Continual opening and closing of the rear compt has caused the hoses to crack from the flexing, it's a 12 year old machine. I'm going to disconnect the hoses where they hook into the radiator and then bleed out whatever fluid comes out into a clean bucket to replace it when the hoses have been changed. Here's the Q. Do I need to bleed the system after replacing the fluid? If so, how? Or just replace the fluid and crank it up?

donald73d

Your question might be better answered on the Case forum. This forum is mainly for Bobcats. Welcome to the forum. Where people often say "my wife told me if I did not stop looking at the SKIDSTEER forum she would leave me. Gee I'll miss her!".

OP
OP
ezridr60

ezridr60

Your question might be better answered on the Case forum. This forum is mainly for Bobcats. Welcome to the forum. Where people often say "my wife told me if I did not stop looking at the SKIDSTEER forum she would leave me. Gee I'll miss her!".
Thanks, didn't see that.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, didn't see that.
I see no reason why you would need to bleed the system afterwards. It won't draw in too much air. I don't own a Case, but it should purge its self.
You mention catching the old oil in a clean bucket, i assume to re-use? i'd advise against that. Just replace what is lost. Sure, catch it to prevent a mess, but don't re-use it. Nothing worse than getting a little trash into your system over a little oil.
Age, heat and sunshine are all bad for hydraulic hoses. They harden up over time and as you found, they crack when bent.