753 foot control water issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BL68

Hey all, I've recently found a bunch of water/oil under the right foot control of my 753 at the very bottom. After I vacuumed it out the water still continued to pour in for a while, coming from one of the bottom corners. Wondering if anyone could suggest where this water and oil is coming from? I'm fairly new to skid steers. Pics attached to show where it was pouring in from
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6535.jpeg
    IMG_6535.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6533.jpeg
    IMG_6533.jpeg
    801.8 KB · Views: 33

Old_853

Ive seen a chaincase full of water before. Take the pipe plug out of the front between the footwells (1/2" ratchet fits) and take a sample with a hose that can reach the bottom. If there is water in there, drain it and replace. Might be a good idea to take the front cover off between the pedals and have a look in there, and reseal that cover.

OP
OP
B

BL68

Ive seen a chaincase full of water before. Take the pipe plug out of the front between the footwells (1/2" ratchet fits) and take a sample with a hose that can reach the bottom. If there is water in there, drain it and replace. Might be a good idea to take the front cover off between the pedals and have a look in there, and reseal that cover.
I'll give that a try. Any idea on how the chain case would be getting water inside?

brdgbldr

Hey all, I've recently found a bunch of water/oil under the right foot control of my 753 at the very bottom. After I vacuumed it out the water still continued to pour in for a while, coming from one of the bottom corners. Wondering if anyone could suggest where this water and oil is coming from? I'm fairly new to skid steers. Pics attached to show where it was pouring in from
Thanks!
Have you raised the cab up?

The "pan" on either side of the chain case has drain holes in the front and back. These drain holes get clogged up and the "pan" will fill up with oil and water over time.

Water gets in the chain case from condensation and or water entering from the access panels. If your water under the pedals was coming from the chain case, it would probably look milky from the oil water mixture.

OP
OP
B

BL68

Have you raised the cab up?

The "pan" on either side of the chain case has drain holes in the front and back. These drain holes get clogged up and the "pan" will fill up with oil and water over time.

Water gets in the chain case from condensation and or water entering from the access panels. If your water under the pedals was coming from the chain case, it would probably look milky from the oil water mixture.
I haven't had the cab raised up recently. I'll lift it up and have a look, see if there's any signs of water in there and also look for those drain holes. I haven't seen any milky oil/water down by the foot controls, but I will open the access panel to the chain case and see what's going on in there.

brdgbldr

I haven't had the cab raised up recently. I'll lift it up and have a look, see if there's any signs of water in there and also look for those drain holes. I haven't seen any milky oil/water down by the foot controls, but I will open the access panel to the chain case and see what's going on in there.
There are two drain holes both in the front and the back of the machine. Basically one hole (triangular shape) at each corner of the chain case.

reaperman

There is a drain plug in the center of the machine, on the outside. It's about 1/2 way from the bottom. That plug acts as the oil level indicator. Remove the plug and see if anything drains out. My guess is it's pretty full of milky oil, so have a bucket handy to catch whatever come out. When the fluid inside stops coming out. The proper oil level is reached. But you will need to replace all of what's left inside. From inside of the machine un-bolt and remove the long cover. Then somehow drain all of the contents of the chain case, dump some diesel fuel inside to clean things up and add 8 gallon of 10w-30 or 40 motor oil depending on your climate. Then seal up the cover up with some good sealant (bobcat makes some special caulk) and bolt it down.

Latest posts