HELP!! 743 won'r start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

Did you happen to check the engine shut down cable? Maybe the lever is stuck in the shut down mode. Should be toward the rear in the run position and forward to shut down.
That's a good thought hope the knew that but do now

Tazza

Staff member
I was around Ann Arbor but in Texas now travel from here Tennesse to Michigan and Thailand
Sounds like you have tried most things i would.
Check that the aux hydraulics are not engaged, if they are, it will load the engine down while cranking and make starting hard if not impossible. Grab the right stick, pill it to the left and let it spring to netutral.
The glows you have given it sound like they should give more than just the occasional pop. Each injection cycle doesn't put out much fuel, so the drip every second may be rite.
I'd like to bleed it, open the bleed screw on the fuel line on the pump. You will see one coming from the lift pump and one that goes to the tap off line on the #1 injector. This is the bleed screw, open it up and squeeze the hand primer, it should feel firm without bubbles as you squeeze it, it you hear and feel no bubbles, close the bleed screw, give it another pump, it should stay firm and not deflate. Get your helper wifie to glow and crank, give the primer another squeeze as she does so, see if it helps.
If it still won't go, open the air filter and crank and spray a little WD40 in there WHILE CRANKING, see if it fires. Don't spray then start cranking, do it while it's spinning over.

antfarmer2

Sounds like you have tried most things i would.
Check that the aux hydraulics are not engaged, if they are, it will load the engine down while cranking and make starting hard if not impossible. Grab the right stick, pill it to the left and let it spring to netutral.
The glows you have given it sound like they should give more than just the occasional pop. Each injection cycle doesn't put out much fuel, so the drip every second may be rite.
I'd like to bleed it, open the bleed screw on the fuel line on the pump. You will see one coming from the lift pump and one that goes to the tap off line on the #1 injector. This is the bleed screw, open it up and squeeze the hand primer, it should feel firm without bubbles as you squeeze it, it you hear and feel no bubbles, close the bleed screw, give it another pump, it should stay firm and not deflate. Get your helper wifie to glow and crank, give the primer another squeeze as she does so, see if it helps.
If it still won't go, open the air filter and crank and spray a little WD40 in there WHILE CRANKING, see if it fires. Don't spray then start cranking, do it while it's spinning over.
Hey Tazza waiting to see if they got it yet sick at home I think the drip was from the line not the injector

OP
OP
K

kyosho

Hey Tazza waiting to see if they got it yet sick at home I think the drip was from the line not the injector
Thanks for the help guys. Last night I got it started and I used it this morning as well. Somehow the fuel lines got air in them - from not using it? I don't know. I removed the bolt from the top of the fuel filter housing and squeezed the primer until steady fuel came out (all over the inside the engine compartment). I then went to the fuel pump side, removed the hose clamp and removed the hose there. Pumped the primer. Lots of bubbles then steady stream. Replaced the hose and clamp. I then removed the lines to two of the injectors and cranked until they were purged out. Reconnected those. I then glowed the engine and after some cranking it started right up. That was last night. THis morning, glowed for 60 seconds and it started right up. Problem solved! Thanks again for all the help everyone!

antfarmer2

Thanks for the help guys. Last night I got it started and I used it this morning as well. Somehow the fuel lines got air in them - from not using it? I don't know. I removed the bolt from the top of the fuel filter housing and squeezed the primer until steady fuel came out (all over the inside the engine compartment). I then went to the fuel pump side, removed the hose clamp and removed the hose there. Pumped the primer. Lots of bubbles then steady stream. Replaced the hose and clamp. I then removed the lines to two of the injectors and cranked until they were purged out. Reconnected those. I then glowed the engine and after some cranking it started right up. That was last night. THis morning, glowed for 60 seconds and it started right up. Problem solved! Thanks again for all the help everyone!
Love it cheap and easy.......now change your fuel filter and clean the water seperator (the glass bowl on the bottom) on the filter once in a while that will get rid of the water and save you from this again.......also there is a bleeder valve by the pump you can open this to bleed so you don't have to pull the lines off just make sure it is shut after beeding