Hello from Chilean Patagonia and who could help me with my attachment problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vrenifossi

Hi guys,
I am new in the forum so first I want to shortly introduce myself. I am a biologist and originally from Gemany but I worked and lived for the last 20+ years in Chilean Patagonia. After I have lost my job as a researcher on a field station during pandemic I started a landscaping and arborist business. So I bought some machinery, among others a Taian DY1150 mini-loader. It's basically a chinese copy of an Avant, Multione or (since a couple of years also bobcat) loader, with some restrictions in quality and some minor design flaws in comparison to the competition. But I got it for a third of what a European or American machine would have costed me and that was all I could afford. It's not the best you can get on the market, but it does the job and I am starting to like it (for the price). I also bought attachments from China. Besides the corrosion problem, these attachments do the job almost as good as non-chinese brands would do, but for much less money (since I do not have the comparison at least I believe so) . Today I tried a flail mower for the first time on a field that has been overgrown by blackberry and which I was supposed to clear. The flailmower starts rotation for almost a minute until it suddenly makes a creeching sound and stops, as if it would be blocked. If I switch off the attachment and try to start it again it would not. But if I switch it off and wait a minute I can start it again. And again it would run for almost a minute until it suddenly stops again. Same thing in forward and reverse...I am not stupid with machines, but I definitely have no mechanic background and I am learning by doing. But this time I am a little bit puzzled.
One thing is that this is the first attachment that I have that has a case drain hose and I have to admit that I am not sure which connector at my loader actually is the case drain connector (if it has one at all...). I have three connectors at my machine so I supposed one is the case drain. Since I had to install the couplers myself I installed same size couplers on all three outlets. The manual for this chinese machine is very poor and no mentioning of a case drain, so I could not figure out for sure which function has each of the couplers.
So now my questions:
How could I find out if my machine has a case drain and if so which of the connectors actually is the case drain?
What could be the problem with my flail mower?

If anyone had a helpfull answer I would be very glad!

Cheers,
Fossi

MX727

Can you post a picture of the connectors on the skid steer?

I doubt you have a case drain, as it would be a third or fifth connection on the block on the machine.

Good news is you can run a case drain to the hydraulic tank yourself if you don't have one. We do it on midi excavators when someone needs to run an implement that needs a case drain.