gresen pump question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pcasey58

Hi guys i took the engine out of my 741. going over all hydraulics and by the amount of crud covering everything im sure there is a leak somewhere.my gresen block was really crudded up and i noticed the pinon the middle valve as very sloppy. is that normal or should it be removed and rebuilt? really want to to this right the first time around. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Looks like you need to replace the seals in the control block. There are quad rings at either end of the spools that go bad with age.
You can get them from a hydraulic seal shop if you take samples in. The dealer have seal kits too.

OP
OP
P

pcasey58

Looks like you need to replace the seals in the control block. There are quad rings at either end of the spools that go bad with age.
You can get them from a hydraulic seal shop if you take samples in. The dealer have seal kits too.
thanks tazza, I think im going to remove the control block and replace all the seals and o rings in each section. anything else i should change while im back there? saw one soft line that needs replacing but all hard lines look good. rear seal on pump maybe? thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
thanks tazza, I think im going to remove the control block and replace all the seals and o rings in each section. anything else i should change while im back there? saw one soft line that needs replacing but all hard lines look good. rear seal on pump maybe? thanks!
The only other line to do i think you saw, the rubber one comes up from the bottom of the valve.
Removing the valve isn't a fun job, but doable.
Good luck with the re-sealing, on the bench it is a pretty easy job. Just watch as you remove the aux and lift caps. There are metal balls in here that can go flying. If you do loose any, never fear, they are cheap from the dealer.

Latest posts