Flotation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1gr8bldr

I need a set of tracks..... not so much for extreme traction, but for flotation. I see the kind with rubber pads. This i don't need. I see this as for use on pavement, etc. I will just use the tires I have for this. The grousers look like extreme traction but seem like they don't offer much floatation? If I go in a questionable place, I need flotation as well as traction. I see these as great traction from pushing, wet ground, but not bottom less mud. The Loegering seem to have more flotation.... I have been pondering the Solideals. I have not heard good things... but they seem perfect????? Less ground damage on turf, if I were to leave them on.... but not real likely, I like my tires for most my applications. I just want flotation for special needs. Most what I have reasearched is not good, anybody had good experience with these? I would likely not use them many hours per year. LOL, that being said, I should just buy a used set of Loegerings off Craigs list

Dgreen4298

Ordered the Camoplast over the tire rubber tracks
Good choice, I am leaning that way myself. What size tires do you have? My only concern with them is it breaking apart at the connecting link if a large stone or something gets wedged between the track and the tire. And the price is high. I kind of like the prowler tracks also, I have seen many videos of them in the mud and they can be repaired if they happen to break.

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

Good choice, I am leaning that way myself. What size tires do you have? My only concern with them is it breaking apart at the connecting link if a large stone or something gets wedged between the track and the tire. And the price is high. I kind of like the prowler tracks also, I have seen many videos of them in the mud and they can be repaired if they happen to break.
My tires are 12 x 16.5x 33. I don't use my machine every day therefore I hope they out last one review I read. The steel tracks offer awesome traction, but tear up everything. The Camoplast offer better traction than tires, great flotation and less damage. A good combination for my needs. I just hope they hold up good. In the past, I so far have not encountered a rocky terrain. If anything would get inside it would likely be sticks in my case.

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

My tires are 12 x 16.5x 33. I don't use my machine every day therefore I hope they out last one review I read. The steel tracks offer awesome traction, but tear up everything. The Camoplast offer better traction than tires, great flotation and less damage. A good combination for my needs. I just hope they hold up good. In the past, I so far have not encountered a rocky terrain. If anything would get inside it would likely be sticks in my case.
I passed over 6 or more used metal tracks, Loegering and grousers in great shape, one almost new off Craigslist averaging $900 to $1200. Great deals compared to new tracks..... but not ideal for my needs

Dgreen4298

I passed over 6 or more used metal tracks, Loegering and grousers in great shape, one almost new off Craigslist averaging $900 to $1200. Great deals compared to new tracks..... but not ideal for my needs
i am buying new tires and i will probably get the 12x16.5 but the tracks for that size are $1000 more.

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

i am buying new tires and i will probably get the 12x16.5 but the tracks for that size are $1000 more.
Tracks came in today. I decided after installing them that I need the spacers. Probably don't have to have them..... but installation will be so much easier so that I don't have to stick it in and through the wheel well. I can just flop it over. They are HEAVY.

[email protected]

Tracks came in today. I decided after installing them that I need the spacers. Probably don't have to have them..... but installation will be so much easier so that I don't have to stick it in and through the wheel well. I can just flop it over. They are HEAVY.
keep in mind that with spacers your wheels will be wider than your bucket....which is a pain in the ass

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

keep in mind that with spacers your wheels will be wider than your bucket....which is a pain in the ass
Did not think of that.... but my bucket, my newest one anyway, will cover it. I almost did not buy it because it was too wide. LOL. Funny that now it is perfect

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

Did not think of that.... but my bucket, my newest one anyway, will cover it. I almost did not buy it because it was too wide. LOL. Funny that now it is perfect
Double dang it. Who would have thought. Today a used set with 40 hours posted on Charlotte Craigslist for $1600. Somebody better act quick. They should not last long. DANG IT. And I just spent 5K

Dgreen4298

Double dang it. Who would have thought. Today a used set with 40 hours posted on Charlotte Craigslist for $1600. Somebody better act quick. They should not last long. DANG IT. And I just spent 5K
Can you send me a link to them tracks please, can't find it.

OP
OP

1gr8bldr

Never mind I found them. Thanks
Update on the Camoplast rubber tracks. They are great. Made my machine a tank. Places I could never have gone, I went in and worked. An old dried up swamp that was next to the gas line was blown up about 18 years ago. The dam was no longer there but it still stands in water most times. Since we have had a drought, I took my back hoe attachment and went into the swamp and dug a ditch as I came back out. This will greatly change this area in the future. Eventually, it will dry enough to plant a food plot. My Bcat with tires would have instantly been stuck. But the track flotation let me get in and work. An hour after I dug the ditch, it was full of water. As long as they last, I will be extremely happy. But that is the issue.... will they last

lesgawlik

Update on the Camoplast rubber tracks. They are great. Made my machine a tank. Places I could never have gone, I went in and worked. An old dried up swamp that was next to the gas line was blown up about 18 years ago. The dam was no longer there but it still stands in water most times. Since we have had a drought, I took my back hoe attachment and went into the swamp and dug a ditch as I came back out. This will greatly change this area in the future. Eventually, it will dry enough to plant a food plot. My Bcat with tires would have instantly been stuck. But the track flotation let me get in and work. An hour after I dug the ditch, it was full of water. As long as they last, I will be extremely happy. But that is the issue.... will they last
My Camoplast tracks (regular for a tracked machine) lasted very well. When I got my machine, the tracks were pretty well worn, and yet I got another 500 hours out of them. I replaced them with another set of Camoplast.

Redline

My Camoplast tracks (regular for a tracked machine) lasted very well. When I got my machine, the tracks were pretty well worn, and yet I got another 500 hours out of them. I replaced them with another set of Camoplast.
I run a set of tracks plus over the tire tracks on my 642b, and really like them. Floatation is great, as is traction. Very happy with them.

Latest posts