Filter poll

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

redlee

How many owners buy OEM Filters, how many buy thier filters from other places,do you trust say NAPA filters on your equipment. Where does say Mustang get thier filters made.

OldMachinist

For the engine and fuel I use Baldwin filters. I use the OEM filter from Bobcat on the hydraulics because when I ran a cross referance I found manufacturers listed different micron and bypass ratings so I decided that since it only gets changed every 1000hrs or for me once a year it was worth it to just go OEM.

Chandler

For the engine and fuel I use Baldwin filters. I use the OEM filter from Bobcat on the hydraulics because when I ran a cross referance I found manufacturers listed different micron and bypass ratings so I decided that since it only gets changed every 1000hrs or for me once a year it was worth it to just go OEM.
I use the OEM filters from my Bobcat dealer.

Tazza

Staff member
I use Donaldson filters for my 763 Bobcat. The cost is half and some are supposedly OEM anyways.

Brian
I use both, the engine filters i got super cheap were puralator (spelling), i think i paid like $3 each so i couldn't go wrong. That source ran dry, so i'm currently using OEM as the price between the two were so close. Hydraulic filters i have used fleetguard, but again, the price from OEM and aftermarket were so close i have started using OEM. Fuel i use Fleetguard as they are so common on trucks, they are only a few bucks each.

skidsteer.ca

I use both, the engine filters i got super cheap were puralator (spelling), i think i paid like $3 each so i couldn't go wrong. That source ran dry, so i'm currently using OEM as the price between the two were so close. Hydraulic filters i have used fleetguard, but again, the price from OEM and aftermarket were so close i have started using OEM. Fuel i use Fleetguard as they are so common on trucks, they are only a few bucks each.
I use mostly Wix now, but I will use the brands mentioned above, along with Baldwin.
Though I did score a lot of OEM hydraulic filters on ebay.
The only ones I have heard bad things about is the Fram filters from walmart, Holiday gas stations etc. On the Dodge cummins they have been know to come apart and plug oil galleries with filter media.
Ken

sledesigns

WIX whenever possible. And one question...Anyone got an aftermarket # for the primary (outer) air filter for a 963? I have two Bobcat reference #'s, 6671968 from the machine decal & 6672453 from the book. The filter itself has no numbers that I could find. The local Wix dealer couldn't find a cross for it. Thanks -Scott

nobull1

Fishfiles

If you want Donaldson here is the link https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?item=2276
Donaldson when ever possible as they have the best price for me , Napa in a pinch but they are high with their pricing to the walk in customer , the dealer over here realized years ago that outragous prices on filters wasn't going to sell many , so they are pretty resonable , and it makes it so much easier to get everything you need in one stop , some filters from the dealer are very high , like the 442 which isn't made by Bobcat and the filters are unique

sledesigns

Donaldson when ever possible as they have the best price for me , Napa in a pinch but they are high with their pricing to the walk in customer , the dealer over here realized years ago that outragous prices on filters wasn't going to sell many , so they are pretty resonable , and it makes it so much easier to get everything you need in one stop , some filters from the dealer are very high , like the 442 which isn't made by Bobcat and the filters are unique
Thanks for the Donaldson # nobull1... quite oddly Wix had no cross for that Bob filter #, but they do for the Donaldson #, Wix #42919. Thank you, now they're all figured out! -Scott

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the Donaldson # nobull1... quite oddly Wix had no cross for that Bob filter #, but they do for the Donaldson #, Wix #42919. Thank you, now they're all figured out! -Scott
The bobcat numbers won't cross buct the donaldson does to Baldwin to PA1902-FN
It is a common filter, just not a common oem #
Ken

BobMelroe

The bobcat numbers won't cross buct the donaldson does to Baldwin to PA1902-FN
It is a common filter, just not a common oem #
Ken
I went with Wix. I have cartridge filters for oil and hydraulic, was able to cross reference them easy enough and could pick them up locally.

jeffco

I went with Wix. I have cartridge filters for oil and hydraulic, was able to cross reference them easy enough and could pick them up locally.
I have bought Wix for over 25 years, they have always been one of the best based on cutting every imaginable filter open and seeing what makes it tick. I learned a lesson on filter manufacturers, Fram filters for Mack diesel engines is in my opinion the last on my list to use, but Mack Co. filters are made by Fram and it is much better in my opinion and remember I rate filters like most of us, with my eyes, I think we know enough basics to decide which is best. Being equipment manager for 445 pieces of iron and thousands of oil samples later I can tell you a good filter is a good investment because of its ability to keep oil clean down to 25 microns, which is under a thousandth of an inch, it takes 40 micron dirt to greatly effect engine wear. Anyway, I have always used wix, they make NAPA filters as their own so they are both equal. I buy from www.fleetfilter.com, about 1/2 the price of the NAPA store (hydraulic filters for my 825 are 11.25 each, NAPA was 22.90)and they have any filter Wix makes. Jeffco

farmboy55

I have bought Wix for over 25 years, they have always been one of the best based on cutting every imaginable filter open and seeing what makes it tick. I learned a lesson on filter manufacturers, Fram filters for Mack diesel engines is in my opinion the last on my list to use, but Mack Co. filters are made by Fram and it is much better in my opinion and remember I rate filters like most of us, with my eyes, I think we know enough basics to decide which is best. Being equipment manager for 445 pieces of iron and thousands of oil samples later I can tell you a good filter is a good investment because of its ability to keep oil clean down to 25 microns, which is under a thousandth of an inch, it takes 40 micron dirt to greatly effect engine wear. Anyway, I have always used wix, they make NAPA filters as their own so they are both equal. I buy from www.fleetfilter.com, about 1/2 the price of the NAPA store (hydraulic filters for my 825 are 11.25 each, NAPA was 22.90)and they have any filter Wix makes. Jeffco
Wix is my #1 pick, Baldwin 2nd

Latest posts