Does my 753 have "float"?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

Just got a new to me 753. Getting used to it, but not sure if and where I'd have float on it. Any suggestions? Mike

Tazza

Staff member
The left pedal, push your toe rite down and it should click and hold in place.

krunchkat99

Someone else will probably give you a definite answer as I have no experience on bobcat, but my Thomas has float. when the boom is all the way down give an extra push with your toe and it should go into float. You will feel it if it goes to the float position. Good luck.

Indiana Mike

I was going to post the same question. Same as you, I bought my first skidsteer, a 753 recently. The manual that I borrowed from my dealer covers SN 515811001 and up, and it says to push the left pedal down with your toe until you feel a detent. However, mine doesn't seem to have a detent (SN 511352014), and I'm not sure if it is supposed to or if the older 753s did not have that feature. Hopefully someone knows the answer.

skidsteer.ca

I was going to post the same question. Same as you, I bought my first skidsteer, a 753 recently. The manual that I borrowed from my dealer covers SN 515811001 and up, and it says to push the left pedal down with your toe until you feel a detent. However, mine doesn't seem to have a detent (SN 511352014), and I'm not sure if it is supposed to or if the older 753s did not have that feature. Hopefully someone knows the answer.
Your have to push a bit hard. Also sometimes the detent wear out after use and no longer hold the pedal down.
If you have pushed the pedal far enough the motor will stop laboring trying to lower the boom further. When the detent wears out float still works its is just that you have to keep holding the pedal fully down.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Your have to push a bit hard. Also sometimes the detent wear out after use and no longer hold the pedal down.
If you have pushed the pedal far enough the motor will stop laboring trying to lower the boom further. When the detent wears out float still works its is just that you have to keep holding the pedal fully down.
Ken
Wear in the linkages and pivot points can also prevent you getting it into detent. You need to push down hard enough and have enough movement to push the spool back far enough to get locked in. Especially with the bar that runs over the chain case, this wears the bushing out and you need more travel to activate the hydraulics.

bobcat753

Wear in the linkages and pivot points can also prevent you getting it into detent. You need to push down hard enough and have enough movement to push the spool back far enough to get locked in. Especially with the bar that runs over the chain case, this wears the bushing out and you need more travel to activate the hydraulics.
I've got an older 753(approx 1998) Does my machine have this feature? What exactly does it do? Is it the same as load leveling?? Not sure what this float feature is exactly. thanks newbie

Tazza

Staff member
I've got an older 753(approx 1998) Does my machine have this feature? What exactly does it do? Is it the same as load leveling?? Not sure what this float feature is exactly. thanks newbie
It allows your bucket to *float* over un-even ground. To test it, push the pedal forward then let it click and lock in. The arms will now lift up and down without you moving the pedal. Use your right foot and tilt the bucket forward, this will raise the arms without you touching the left pedal.
I hear it helps with removing snow on un-even driveways. I have never used this function outside of testing it.