Damaged lift linkage pin of 205

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ticostree

When I purchased my used Thomas 205 skids steer it came with a damaged pin. It was mushroomed from someone hitting it with a hammer to push it back into place. I have since replaced the grease fitting and have tried to push the pin back into position for the lock bolt. I haven't been able to do it. I took the pin out and am trying to find a new replacement. I'm sure I can take it to machine shop and have one made but if there is a place I can find replacements that would be best

OP
OP
T

Ticostree

For the time being I took off the mushroomed edge with a bench grinder. I got the pin to seat all the way and the lock bolt in place. It was a lot harder to put it back in than I thought.

Tazza

Staff member
For the time being I took off the mushroomed edge with a bench grinder. I got the pin to seat all the way and the lock bolt in place. It was a lot harder to put it back in than I thought.
I was going to suggest grinding the mushroomed part down, glad you sorted it out.

Tazza

Staff member
I'm still bugged out on how hard it is to find pins.
Thomas had a few money issues i thought, so marts won't be as easy to get hold of. Pins should be able to be made by a machine shop. Depending on the shape, if no weird angles, you can make them yourself. You can get groudnd bar stock that is generally the correct size that you just gut to length and drill a hole to lock it in place.
Is that a possible option?

OP
OP
T

Ticostree

Thomas had a few money issues i thought, so marts won't be as easy to get hold of. Pins should be able to be made by a machine shop. Depending on the shape, if no weird angles, you can make them yourself. You can get groudnd bar stock that is generally the correct size that you just gut to length and drill a hole to lock it in place.
Is that a possible option?
Getting a machine shop to make pins and bushings was a last resort in my mind. I got the loader for cheap so I expected to put some elbow grease into it. I just thought I could find generic part to fit. She is tight for now. I'm really happy for this forum. It's a big help for owning an off brand/ discounted machine.

Thomas1

Getting a machine shop to make pins and bushings was a last resort in my mind. I got the loader for cheap so I expected to put some elbow grease into it. I just thought I could find generic part to fit. She is tight for now. I'm really happy for this forum. It's a big help for owning an off brand/ discounted machine.
Hi all....Thomas Equipment has been back in business for the last 5 yrs. It was bought by 2 former employees. The first 3 yrs was dedicated on bringing back the parts for all machines. We carry almost all wear items here. We are also building the Mini Skid line again. Check out our web site at www.thomasloaders.com to see if you have a dealer in your location. Most of our manuals are also available for free download also.