Chonda Engine Fuel Lines

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

I knew it was inevitable. Our lovely alcohol-laced gasoline finally rotted through the Chinese fuel hoses on my GX620 knock-off motor.
I had already been into that area on my machine a couple of years back to by pass the engines built-in crankcase pressure driven fuel pump. It and the electric pump were not getting along.
I would have connected the supply hose directly to the carb then, but the barb runs parallel to the intake mainifold runner and a regular 1/4" gas hose and clamp would not fit into the space available. I elected to keep one piece of the original hose, as it would fit.
So recently I noted that the engine was consuming gas at an alarming rate, over a gallon per hour of non-hard use, and the distinct smell of atomized gas vapor, so I figured it was time to rip into this area again.
Sure enough, once the air cleaner was out of the way, I switched on the ignition to run the pump, and there was a pin hole-thin fountain of gas spraying from the hose.
To make the connection directly to the carb, I ended up taking the carb off to get more access and room to work. With this, there was just enough room to get the gas line and clamp on, and by the time the clamp was tight, it would fit back in against the intake manifold.
So if you have one of these engines and it is close to 5 years old, keep an eye on the fuel lines.
Cheers - SR

Tazza

Staff member
Cheap fuel line never seems to last very well, the chinese are happy if it works when it leaves the plant.
Glad you managed to get it fixed easily, and didn't catch fire from the pin hole leak