changing tire size and adding tracks to an 843

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brennandc

I'm thinking of running OTT tracks on my 843 but I would have to get wheel spacers. If I get wheel spacers, the outside to outside dimension of my tires/tracks would be wider than my bucket (bad). I have 12x16.5 tires on it now, what if I were to switch down to a 10x16.5 tire to get the tread spread narrower. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to do this? Also, do they make rims with an offset (for more tire clearance) so I wouldn't need to use spacers at all?

[email protected]

they make rims for everything you can think of, but i think getting a 10x16.5 would work fine as long as it gives you enough clearance, and as long as they would fit on your rims which i think they would.

reaperman

Its been quite a few years since we have used slip over tracks. But we used to use low profile tires to keep the height of the tracks down. If I remember, without low-pro tires the top of the track could catch the frame above the tires.

tndigger

Its been quite a few years since we have used slip over tracks. But we used to use low profile tires to keep the height of the tracks down. If I remember, without low-pro tires the top of the track could catch the frame above the tires.
I think you can tun the wheels around instead of using spacers but it does make checking the air pressure tough. Most people ad a lift arm block because the metal tracks will rub on the underside of the lift arms at the front. And be careful backing up with the lift arms down. Sometimes the bar on the metal track will hang on the lower part of the lift arm by the lower pin. You probably have a 60" bucket on your machine. I think a 66" will barely cover the tracks.