Tire size

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rusty Nail

Can someone help me with this....looking to purchase some used tires. Ad says 12.5/70-16....my tires are 12.5-16.

the ones i am looking are 6 P.R. (ply rating?). and the ones i have on that need replacing are NPR (?). Just looking to put tires on that will be good enough to sell the machine for a really good price.

Thanks,

mrbb

my guess is its something like this?

as for being only a 6 ply tire, I gather thats due to it being made for snow work, and allowing the tire to flex a lot more for help gripping snow and ice better and conforming to the ground better

using this tire in construction work, I doubt it would hold up very well, and anyone buying to do so, will soon find out they need to invest more $$ in better tires fast
are they GOOD enough to sell the machine, , that I gather will come down to actual condition of them, and what a buyer plans to use machine for, and what there knowledge is on tires and there uses!

OP
OP
R

Rusty Nail

the tire does not look like a snow tire....but as a 6 ply it is probably more light duty like you said. are you able to comment if the tires will fit on my rims? what does the 70 indicate?

Attachments

• tire 1.jpeg
    tire 1.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 43
  • tire 2.jpeg
    tire 2.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 41

foton

it is a precentage of the width to the height distance from the outside edge of the tire to the where the rim sits, It is called profile, the higher the number the taller the tire sits. kinda tuff to explain,look up on net for better answer.

OP
OP
R

Rusty Nail

ok...so my tire simply says 12.6-16 and does not have that percentage width to height number. So the dimensions of this tires are a little different but the rim diameter is the same? and the width difference will still work on my rim?

foton

funny tire manf. have these sizes listed on their tires and manf. to manf. they are not exactly the same size.but they are real close.,I would get a cloth measuring tape so it can easily go around the outside of the tire and measure the outside dimension, try to keep the same or close measurements on the same side of the machine if there is much difference. these load range c tires should work on smaller skid steers for a while.

FJRDarksider

the tire does not look like a snow tire....but as a 6 ply it is probably more light duty like you said. are you able to comment if the tires will fit on my rims? what does the 70 indicate?
These tires have been on Facebook for some time.....I thought about it but didn't want to deal with having to install tubes in them as I doubt these will hold air very well.

mrbb

yes they should fit, but like stated, odds are they will need tubes or to be filled with foam to not have leaks
I think you might be better off trying to find a set of used tires on wheels, and then you will know if they hold air or leak
, as I said, many times local dealers have them this way , or ebay.and such sites

OP
OP
R

Rusty Nail

knowing that used tires will be a fight to hold air i may simply ask less money for the machine and
sell this machine with these terrible tires on it. these existing ones hold air, they just have a ton of cracks and rubber missing and generally look terrible. But this would definetly give the option to the buyer to put on whatever type of tire they want to install depending on the application they use the machine for.

Latest posts