Chain riveting tool size 100

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dgreen4298

Anyone got a good chain riveting tool that I can borrow/rent. I need to install size 100 roller chain in my 843 and the links need to be pressed together. I can't find a spring connecting link of the same grade so I have to use the rivet links that came with the chain. No chianese tools though cause I don't want to have to buy you a new one. Or if someone can point me where to get one.

Tazza

Staff member
Surely you can get a con-link for this chain, have you called other shops to see what they can offer?
Possibly even see if one of them has a tool that you can use. Bearing or chain/wire rope shops.

OP
OP
D

Dgreen4298

Surely you can get a con-link for this chain, have you called other shops to see what they can offer?
Possibly even see if one of them has a tool that you can use. Bearing or chain/wire rope shops.
Does anyone use press plate chains in your machines when changing the final drive chains? How do you rivet the pins.Has anyone every used a chain riveting tool? Getting the plates pressed on is not the problem, it's riveting the pins that I need the tool for. Slip fit plate master links make the chain weaker, I will not use those.

doger5

Does anyone use press plate chains in your machines when changing the final drive chains? How do you rivet the pins.Has anyone every used a chain riveting tool? Getting the plates pressed on is not the problem, it's riveting the pins that I need the tool for. Slip fit plate master links make the chain weaker, I will not use those.
A chain is only a strong as its weakest link . I agree , no slip links

6brnorma

A chain is only a strong as its weakest link . I agree , no slip links
I got mine years ago at a "Bearing, Belt & Chain" store …. it came with fittings for three or four sizes of chain, American made and works like a charm, not too expensive. As I recall, at the time NAPA had one available that was similar.