Case 75XT noob questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

atvfan2000

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to owning a skid steer. I apologize for my ignorance and really appreciate any assistance. I have operated a few Bobcats, Case 1840s and 1845s on occasion but only for a few days at a time. I bought an extremely used 2001 Case 75XT with 6300 hrs that needs some TLC. I have made several repairs and I think I am well on the way to making it reliable. I have not found an operator manual and have a few questions about operation and controls. I do have a service manual and the parts list. There is a small lever behind the right side control joystick that I haven't figured out, I don't see anything happen when I move it. It is connected to the right side control valve assembly. There is a cold start assist rocker switch on the right side dash, does it operated a heater grid or some other method? I'm not sure its functioning because it seems slow to start with or without it. This machine has a rocker switch that operates the AUX hydraulics, how do you "lock" the hydraulics on for use with a backhoe or trencher attachment? There is a black button on the left joystick, I think it is supposed to be the parking brake and a red button on the right joystick which I think is the horn. Neither seem to do anything, are my assumptions on their functions correct? The engine is new and sounds perfect when running and seems to have plenty of power but it is slow to start even at 50 degree temps. I am planning to change fuel hoses, filters, and lift pump and flush the fuel tank, what else should I be looking for? Is there an easy way to check injection timing? This has a CASE 4-390 which is a Cummins 4B-3.9 Does anyone have a good source for Case "Power Tan" paint? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tazza

Staff member
Another question I have. Does the bucket have a float position? Thanks again for any help.
Never run one of these, so my answers may be wrong.
The float should be operated by pushing your toe forward on the lift foot pedal, it should click and stay forward, allowing the arms to float.
The starting assist, i don't know if it is a grid heater or glow plugs, you will need to check the engine to see if there are glow plugs screwed into the head near each fuel injector. If so, hit the switch and use a meter to see if you are getting power to the glow plug rail. If it has a grid heater, it should be mounted inside the intake manifold, do the same, check for voltage here.
If there is voltage, you may want to take the plug off and check for resistance to ensure it is not burnt out.
As for the lever or sticking the aux on, sorry, i don't know.

OP
OP
A

atvfan2000

Never run one of these, so my answers may be wrong.
The float should be operated by pushing your toe forward on the lift foot pedal, it should click and stay forward, allowing the arms to float.
The starting assist, i don't know if it is a grid heater or glow plugs, you will need to check the engine to see if there are glow plugs screwed into the head near each fuel injector. If so, hit the switch and use a meter to see if you are getting power to the glow plug rail. If it has a grid heater, it should be mounted inside the intake manifold, do the same, check for voltage here.
If there is voltage, you may want to take the plug off and check for resistance to ensure it is not burnt out.
As for the lever or sticking the aux on, sorry, i don't know.
Thanks for the reply. This machine has all hand controls with no foot peddles.

Latest posts