Case 1818 Diesel engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I am trying to identify the kubota engine in this skid steer. I am not having good luck. No tags anywhere i can find. The local case dealer is way over prices. The kubota dealer has been cheaper and helpful about the small parts (glow plugs and valve cover gasket.) what model did they put in this ? thanks in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
Have a look for the engine number or any other marks on the engine. Look at the block just under the injector pump, there should be a number cast in, where the injector pump there should be an engine number stamped into a flat section on the block too.
How many cylinders? if it has 4 it is a V series, 3 is a D series.

ZackaryMac

Have a look for the engine number or any other marks on the engine. Look at the block just under the injector pump, there should be a number cast in, where the injector pump there should be an engine number stamped into a flat section on the block too.
How many cylinders? if it has 4 it is a V series, 3 is a D series.
I believe you have a 1825, unless someone put a diesel in an 1818. The 1818 had a 18hp Onan gas engine, the 1825 a Kubota diesel V1100-B (I found the Kubota spec online).

OP
OP
F
I believe you have a 1825, unless someone put a diesel in an 1818. The 1818 had a 18hp Onan gas engine, the 1825 a Kubota diesel V1100-B (I found the Kubota spec online).
I ll have to pressure wash it off. Previous owner did not take care of it. It is definately an case 1818 with a diesel. It is a 3 cylinder. someone said it is a D850 engine. I called for parts today now they want a serial number from the engine.

mac2010

I ll have to pressure wash it off. Previous owner did not take care of it. It is definately an case 1818 with a diesel. It is a 3 cylinder. someone said it is a D850 engine. I called for parts today now they want a serial number from the engine.
Did you discover what engine it is? We have the same machine I believe. I am currently trying to find a service manual but other than a $350 one from ebay no luck. If you did discover which engine I would be very interested to know. Thanks