bobcat T300 ACS system control voltage???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tman0001

Can anyone tellme what the ACS control system voltage is? Its not listed in the service manual and the dealer said he doesnt know or perhaps wouldnt tell me. I have 12V leaving the fuse block and going into the acs harness but only 5.9 volts at the acs control handles. I was not able to find the ACS control module on this machine. I asked gthe dealer and he stated it was inside the right side fender by the foot petal but that was clearly wrong. (Our local dealer is definately not helpful. Also I only have 5.8 v going to the BICS valve solenoid however the coil is listed at 12V. Does anyone know this information? Thanks

Bobcatdan

I mean this in the nicest way, take the machine to the dealer. You seem to keep opening can of worms while trying to close the last one. Solving problem on bobcats take experiance, manuals and other bobcat technical infomation are honestly pretty useless. From all your post it sounds like you are just running around in circles now. If you have acs problems, you will have codes. ACS will not cause your problems. Functions will not even try to work and it will set codes. The BICS vavle gets it voltage directly from the main controller. If I was working on it, I would swap controllers and see what happens.

OP
OP
T

Tman0001

I mean this in the nicest way, take the machine to the dealer. You seem to keep opening can of worms while trying to close the last one. Solving problem on bobcats take experiance, manuals and other bobcat technical infomation are honestly pretty useless. From all your post it sounds like you are just running around in circles now. If you have acs problems, you will have codes. ACS will not cause your problems. Functions will not even try to work and it will set codes. The BICS vavle gets it voltage directly from the main controller. If I was working on it, I would swap controllers and see what happens.
HI and thanks for your input however I would have to disagree with you. IN actuallity I/we have solved a number of problems to date on this machine in our own shop without the useless assistance of any dealer. My shop guys and I are reasonably intelligent mechanics with a wide degree of experience on equipment, quite capably of trouble shooting systems and reading schematics. With over 30 years experience we are not afraid or intimidated to take on this type of work. What remains now is this one last issue ie arm lift suddenly ceases to work . Once I determine the answers to my initial qquetions I can rule out a few potential causes therefore leaving few left as the cause. The process of elimination takes time but theirs advantages to doing so. And I would much rather pay MY shop mechanics than someone elses at $115.00 per each man hour. It a matter of common sense spending!

Bobcatdan

HI and thanks for your input however I would have to disagree with you. IN actuallity I/we have solved a number of problems to date on this machine in our own shop without the useless assistance of any dealer. My shop guys and I are reasonably intelligent mechanics with a wide degree of experience on equipment, quite capably of trouble shooting systems and reading schematics. With over 30 years experience we are not afraid or intimidated to take on this type of work. What remains now is this one last issue ie arm lift suddenly ceases to work . Once I determine the answers to my initial qquetions I can rule out a few potential causes therefore leaving few left as the cause. The process of elimination takes time but theirs advantages to doing so. And I would much rather pay MY shop mechanics than someone elses at $115.00 per each man hour. It a matter of common sense spending!
If I'm pieceing all your post together right, you had a drive motor fail and the problems started after that? I'd flow rate the gear pump.

OP
OP
T

Tman0001

If I'm pieceing all your post together right, you had a drive motor fail and the problems started after that? I'd flow rate the gear pump.
The drive motor did not fail but the brake was receiving low pressure, not enough to engage the brake release. This issue was resolved once We got control valve blockage cleared out and replaced the inline canister filter. Now the drive motor and brake release work fine. Back to the original question: can anyone tell me what the control voltage should be for the ACS system components? 6v or 12v ?

Tazza

Staff member
The drive motor did not fail but the brake was receiving low pressure, not enough to engage the brake release. This issue was resolved once We got control valve blockage cleared out and replaced the inline canister filter. Now the drive motor and brake release work fine. Back to the original question: can anyone tell me what the control voltage should be for the ACS system components? 6v or 12v ?
I'm not 100% on this, but i don't beieve there is any set voltage for these parts. It's all done with PWM signals, so with a standard meter, it will be all over the place.
Sounds like you will have a fun job trying to work it out, this is why i run away from hand controls :) What's the bet, it's something simple when you do find it.

teck6

8 volt control system , 5 volt computor referance .. MUST have 8 volts .. Controller should be where dealer said , may be farther down or under right panel area. A good dealer with correct software should be able to check these parameters. Hope this helps ..