Bobcat T190 - Case Drain filled with metal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Beck04vall

About a year ago I purchased a used 2008 T190 Bobcat SN 531660014 (normal / narrow tracks - not wide) with 1845 hours on it. Recently the main hose to the left motor burst requiring me to make some repairs (was rubbing on the frame). I got the new hose and a bunch of filters and went about installing them. All was good there, however when I replaced the case drain for the right side motor I found some alarming metal in the filter (picture below). The left side motor filter was perfectly clean looking. Here are my questions that I'm hoping you can help with given the amount and size of the metal debris I found: -Should I continue driving it under the assumption it will eventually fail catastrophically and it can't / won't damage any other components? -Should I rebuild the drive motor now assuming it will cost less than if it catastrophically fails later? *Roughly how much does it cost? -Is there some obvious thing to check or preventative maintenance that needs to be done to prevent additional grinding / wear? -I did not change any other filters at this point, but I did have to add 5 gallons of hydraulic oil and it appears to need more now that I started it up and filled the system. Should I change any other filters because of the hose break or metal in the case drain filter? I do not know the history of the machine as to know if this could have been leftover from a previous repair or how long its been since these filters were replaced last (I've reached out to seller, no response yet). Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. I really need this machine starting Sept 1 for our winterizing business to unload pallet deliveries and move boats around our storage area so I need to act quickly. I'm new to owning a skidsteer and to this site, any help with either is greatly appreciated. I'm unable to figure out how to attach a picture or insert enters / carriage returns - the post looks much different than where I'm editing.

Bswwood

The motor is going to fail and the success rate on the rebuilds of these motors are very slim unless done by a professional. If you know you have to have that machine to get you through the season, you may need to go ahead and buy a new or reman motor with a warranty.