Bobcat 773 fuel tank removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

andyjax

Thought I'd take out the fuel tank and clean it out while the engine was out. Followed the manual - drained the tank, removed the bracket that holds the tank in place. I can pry up the front ( nearest the back of the machine) but it seems like something is holding the front of the tank in place. Don't want to mess up this expensive tank! Any help appreciated.

bobbie-g

Never had a tank out. Maybe the drain bung is hanging up on the pan? Can you look up from underneath (good way to get sand in your eye)? There shouldn't be anything "under" the tank. Obviously, the fill tube, the supply line and the fuel injector return lines are all on the top. I've not heard of anything else that might be hanging up on the tank. And while you have easy access, you might consider replacing the rubber grommets for the supply line and for the fuel injector return line, plus the pickup tube inside the tank for the supply line. The latter have a tendency to deteriorate and fall off inside the tank. :) ---Bobbie-G

Tazza

Staff member
Never had a tank out. Maybe the drain bung is hanging up on the pan? Can you look up from underneath (good way to get sand in your eye)? There shouldn't be anything "under" the tank. Obviously, the fill tube, the supply line and the fuel injector return lines are all on the top. I've not heard of anything else that might be hanging up on the tank. And while you have easy access, you might consider replacing the rubber grommets for the supply line and for the fuel injector return line, plus the pickup tube inside the tank for the supply line. The latter have a tendency to deteriorate and fall off inside the tank. :) ---Bobbie-G
It's not as simple as a bolt or nut being in the way is it? Every tank i have removed came out failry easily, it did take some squeezing to pop it free but nothing too hard.