Bobcat 773 filling chaincase withoil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chopper03

I have got a 773 that is putting hyd oil into the chain case. Is there any thing other than the seals between the drive motor and the reduction box that can cause this ?

antfarmer2

Nope that is it need a o ring seal and a new quad ring on a 743 your should be close I made the seal setting tool out of a pvc coupler and a square threaded cap worked great keep the crap out of the lines and clean it good first

Tazza

Staff member
Nope that is it need a o ring seal and a new quad ring on a 743 your should be close I made the seal setting tool out of a pvc coupler and a square threaded cap worked great keep the crap out of the lines and clean it good first
Plugged case drain filters can cause higher pressure to blow out the seals.
They aren't too hard to do, remove the drive motor and the seal is on the carrier. Drill a hole and use a self tapping screw and pliers to get it out.

OP
OP
C

chopper03

Plugged case drain filters can cause higher pressure to blow out the seals.
They aren't too hard to do, remove the drive motor and the seal is on the carrier. Drill a hole and use a self tapping screw and pliers to get it out.
The case drains filters are they cleanable or do I just replace them ?

OP
OP
C

chopper03

I would replace them if you clean them might knock a piece of metal loose and the damage that could do would not be worth it
Is there anything in the drive motor its self that cause leakage into the chain case, This thing will empty the hyd. tank in about 15 minutes of running/working it.

antfarmer2

Is there anything in the drive motor its self that cause leakage into the chain case, This thing will empty the hyd. tank in about 15 minutes of running/working it.
No it is the seal in the gear box make sure you use a new o ring for the motor and a new quad ring if it had one the old one is gone by now