Bobcat 763F flywheel question Need a bobcat guru

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

COB

Looooong story short, replacing blown Kubota V2203 engine with a "rebuilt"one that came with pumps and everything, minus drive belt, not sure if it came from a 763 or a newer 763, just that its from a bobcat. Only difference I've found is the pulley diameter on the flywheel. The blown motor has about a 7 1/2 inch pulley and good belt. The replacement motor has about a 9 3/8 inch pulley, and no belt. Do I find the appropriate size belt, or swap flywheels and use my old belt? I can only rationalize it came from a different model. Looks like the replacement has a geared starter, whereas my old one is direct drive. I'm measuring about 62 inches around the pulleys, the old one is around 58 inches. And where on earth would I come up with a part no.? thanks in advance COB (crotchety old bastard) '94 763 F series

Tazza

Staff member
Very good question....
If the ring gear is the same on the new fly wheel, can you get away with just swapping fly wheels over? i'm assuming you are using your existing drive pump, if not you can swap that one too.
Sadly, I doubt the dealer would take the time to measure a belt for you to work out what one you need for the new setup. I have always wondered why they changed sizes, they had a setup that worked, why not just leave them all the same for simplicity?

OP
OP
C

COB

Very good question....
If the ring gear is the same on the new fly wheel, can you get away with just swapping fly wheels over? i'm assuming you are using your existing drive pump, if not you can swap that one too.
Sadly, I doubt the dealer would take the time to measure a belt for you to work out what one you need for the new setup. I have always wondered why they changed sizes, they had a setup that worked, why not just leave them all the same for simplicity?
I'd like to use the pump that came with the "new" motor Tazza. Some more info from the seller, it came from a '97 763. However, the Kubota serial no. starts with a "1" so I think that indicates a 2001 year of manufacture. In any event, the motor and pump still has clean paint and appears to be in much better shape than my old one. The seller came up with a part no. for the belt, 6726898, but I don't have too much faith in the accuracy. Google shows its for some s150's some s175's and some 753's, haven't seen anything about a 763 related to that part no. Guess I'll ponder on it some more before I (shudder) call a Bobcat dealer. Closest one is 70 miles away, one way. I sure like buying stuff from the internet and have it brought to me! thanks COB

Tazza

Staff member
I'd like to use the pump that came with the "new" motor Tazza. Some more info from the seller, it came from a '97 763. However, the Kubota serial no. starts with a "1" so I think that indicates a 2001 year of manufacture. In any event, the motor and pump still has clean paint and appears to be in much better shape than my old one. The seller came up with a part no. for the belt, 6726898, but I don't have too much faith in the accuracy. Google shows its for some s150's some s175's and some 753's, haven't seen anything about a 763 related to that part no. Guess I'll ponder on it some more before I (shudder) call a Bobcat dealer. Closest one is 70 miles away, one way. I sure like buying stuff from the internet and have it brought to me! thanks COB
Ouch, 70 miles does make it a long trip if it is wrong. The only other way would be to measure the distance around the pulleys and around the rensioner to get the length then go see the dealer. Again, a long drive.....