Bobcat 753 auxiliary flat faced fittings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

memphismark

Hi guys. The Bobcat 753 I have has auxiliary hydraulics with typical flatfaced fittings, one female and one male with the female above the male on my particular machine. Does anyone know offhand which one is the fluid feed, and which one is the fluid return to reservoir? I'm gonna use the system to spin an auger drive unit (without the auger) to spin a big 3 yard concrete mixer I fabricated. I would like to get this thing turning in the right direction the first time so I don't have to go thru the mess of switching hoses to change direction from clockwise to counter clockwise or vise versa. Would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks much. memphismark

OldMachinist

The flow at the auxiliaries is reversible by the controls. As to how it is controlled depends on how old your machine is. Older machines were controlled by moving the right steering lever left or right, newer machines have various different methods. Do you know if your machine is a 753, 753F, 753H or 753G?

OP
OP
M

memphismark

The flow at the auxiliaries is reversible by the controls. As to how it is controlled depends on how old your machine is. Older machines were controlled by moving the right steering lever left or right, newer machines have various different methods. Do you know if your machine is a 753, 753F, 753H or 753G?
Thanks for your response. I don't know about the model number other than 753, but it's a 2002 year/model and it has the electronic pushbutton type 'keyboard' pad for starting, entering password etc. However it is not the more updated "joystick" The hand controls do have thumb buttons in the handles which I use when I mount the excavator attachment. Now that you mention it, I think they will control flow direction. I'm new to the whole skid steer thing, I guess I didn't understand flow direction is what they did!! Your help is appreciated. I made a log splitter last year and had to switch the hoses then as I recall, boy do I wish had the brains to have thought of this. Thanks much. Anything else you would like add, please feel free. Thanks again. memphismark

OldMachinist

Thanks for your response. I don't know about the model number other than 753, but it's a 2002 year/model and it has the electronic pushbutton type 'keyboard' pad for starting, entering password etc. However it is not the more updated "joystick" The hand controls do have thumb buttons in the handles which I use when I mount the excavator attachment. Now that you mention it, I think they will control flow direction. I'm new to the whole skid steer thing, I guess I didn't understand flow direction is what they did!! Your help is appreciated. I made a log splitter last year and had to switch the hoses then as I recall, boy do I wish had the brains to have thought of this. Thanks much. Anything else you would like add, please feel free. Thanks again. memphismark
Bobcat skid steers don't have model years like a automobile. So a skid steer sold new in 2002 may have been made anytime earlier(sometimes years) depending on how long it sat at a dealer. You can call the Bobcat factory to find out the manufacturing date. The only sure way to distinguish between different series within a model line is the serial number. All manuals and parts are sold by serial number.

[email protected]

Bobcat skid steers don't have model years like a automobile. So a skid steer sold new in 2002 may have been made anytime earlier(sometimes years) depending on how long it sat at a dealer. You can call the Bobcat factory to find out the manufacturing date. The only sure way to distinguish between different series within a model line is the serial number. All manuals and parts are sold by serial number.
regardless of the year the feed is the male and the female is the return (on the machine)