Bobcat 743 loosing charge pressure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Brianclements

I have a older 743 that set up for a couple of years with a blown engine. It worked as it should before the engine problem. I put a new engine in it and now it has no power as far as pushing or turning. I checked the charge pressure and it is 100psi but when I try to turn or drive it drops to 10psi. I pulled the engine pumps and all the lines and valves and found no problems. I also tore the charge pump down its a vickers vain pump. It had a lot of ripples wore in it where the vanes run I smoothed them down and reinstall it but no change. Would you say that pump is just gone and not holding the load of the hydrostatic pump?

billrbg

Check the vane pump by connecting a gauge to one of the aux ports, it it is putting out about 2200 psi then it is good enough. The vane pump doesn't have to provide much pressure or flow to provide charge, so I doubt it is the problem. Do you have the hydraulic schematic for the 743?

OP
OP
B

Brianclements

Check the vane pump by connecting a gauge to one of the aux ports, it it is putting out about 2200 psi then it is good enough. The vane pump doesn't have to provide much pressure or flow to provide charge, so I doubt it is the problem. Do you have the hydraulic schematic for the 743?
I do have one. I only have I think it was 700psi