743 crankcase pressure problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

which might not be as a big of a deal if the blocks deck needs to be trued anyway. but that call is yours either method is ok.

dfb

A buddy with an old 743 told me his machine blew the engine oil dipstick out and found that bugs had moved into his road draft tube and clogged it. This would not cause smoking as you described but worth checking to be sure it is clear. I believe it exits out the rear floor of the engine compartment on the 743.

foton

you never know maybe all you have is a stuck ring ,on disassembly you will know if you are luckyish or not.

Azhayseed

That is correct, please keep in mind, any kit you see with liners on the internet are only semi-finished,. You need to press or machine the old ones out and press the new ones in then machine them to final size.
I don't agree on thiss, I used to sell tractor parts and the sleeves that came in the kits I sold were drop in and assemble.. I've used them on my tractors with no problem.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't agree on thiss, I used to sell tractor parts and the sleeves that came in the kits I sold were drop in and assemble.. I've used them on my tractors with no problem.
Wet liners i agree with you, they are almost always finished, but dry liners that you push into a parent bore are almost always semi-finished. If the parent bore has distorted from heat, you press the new liner in, it will also be distorted. This is why we do not recommend sleeving just one cylinder. You run the risk of distorting adjacent bores, if we sleeve, we do all of them and machine to size, then you know they are 100% round.

jp8775

Yes wet liners come pretty easy just a screw type puller, dry liners need a puller usually hydraulic. This by physics will compress the bore. Even cylinders from Bobcat are semi finished. I have read many times that after market are no less quality than OE. The last engine V1702 I just had it bored out to the next size up. Unless they are cracked I will always do that.

Last edited:

Latest posts