bobcat 463

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
The lip you speak of at the top is called a ridge, you are rite, thats where the rings run up to. It will need to be removed or you risk breaking the new rings. It can be done with a die grinder and spiro bands. You don't need to buy a flex hone as they are rather expensive, you only need a fine cylinder hone, they are a few $$ just use a lube when doing it, even WD40 works. It prevents the stones from clogging up.
How many hours has this engine got on it? does the hour meter work? as i was sure you said it had real low hours.... The engine should have still been in good shape.....
I don't seem to have specs on a D750..... I have a D722, D622 then it goes up from there.
You are welcome to it still, but the sizes will not match what you have, You can contact your kubota dealer and get info off them.

Time-lines

The lip you speak of at the top is called a ridge, you are rite, thats where the rings run up to. It will need to be removed or you risk breaking the new rings. It can be done with a die grinder and spiro bands. You don't need to buy a flex hone as they are rather expensive, you only need a fine cylinder hone, they are a few $$ just use a lube when doing it, even WD40 works. It prevents the stones from clogging up.
How many hours has this engine got on it? does the hour meter work? as i was sure you said it had real low hours.... The engine should have still been in good shape.....
There is an actual ridge removal tool which keeps things round. Check with your local auto parts stores (NAPA etc.) as a lot of them rent hones and ridge reamers at very reasonable prices.

OldMachinist

There is an actual ridge removal tool which keeps things round. Check with your local auto parts stores (NAPA etc.) as a lot of them rent hones and ridge reamers at very reasonable prices.
If you can feel a ridge at the top of the cylinder you need to measure the cylinders for out of roundness and taper. The Bobcat service manual has all the specs and rebuild info. You can try this link to Google books and read a aftermarket manual but you can't print it out.
http://books.google.com/books?id=ww...X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result#PPA79,M1
On page 79 it tells you the specs on the maximun cylinder wear(.006").

OldMachinist

If you can feel a ridge at the top of the cylinder you need to measure the cylinders for out of roundness and taper. The Bobcat service manual has all the specs and rebuild info. You can try this link to Google books and read a aftermarket manual but you can't print it out.
http://books.google.com/books?id=wwamacicZjoC&pg=PA73&lpg=PA73&dq=kubota+d750+service+manual&source=web&ots=9E6cWlFAhu&sig=OPjqMoct2a2tk7MvnoLqO3DNzmc&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result#PPA79,M1
On page 79 it tells you the specs on the maximun cylinder wear(.006").
In the link I gave above after it opens type D750 in search this book box if it doesn't open up on page 79.

Latest posts