Bobcat 323 white smoke

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

yan3006

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I have a Bobcat 323, the machine turned over on the side where the engine works, it took me a few seconds to turn off the engine, since then the machine has been showing white smoke and it sounds like the engine is not working properly, what part of the engine was damaged as a result of the overturning? I would like to point out that I did an oil and filter treatment, I found the air filter to be dirtier than oil

foton

as a general rule ,white smoke usally indicates a coolant in the combustion chamber issue. blue is oil burning, black is overfueling. I would think since the engine was on its side you might have a oil issue, let it sit upright overnight and start it and see if it cleans up. but keep a eye on all your fluids for awhile.

brdgbldr

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I have a Bobcat 323, the machine turned over on the side where the engine works, it took me a few seconds to turn off the engine, since then the machine has been showing white smoke and it sounds like the engine is not working properly, what part of the engine was damaged as a result of the overturning? I would like to point out that I did an oil and filter treatment, I found the air filter to be dirtier than oil
When a machine tips over on its side oil can get above the pistons. If the engine is started in this condition rods can be bent.

7LBSSMALLIE

anyone ever ever heard of tip and tell? a device used on packages to see if they have ever been turned over, think hour glass. v shaped, works on equipment too

oiu789

Perform a compression test on the engine to see if it is in spec. If you have 1 or more low cylinders pull the head and make sure all the pistons come up the same amount from the top of the bore. If they do not you must have bent rods or damaged pistons.

AJ-17

On New Year's Day night, I gently rolled my Thomas T-133S on its side into a creek and turned off the engine immediately. Got out and within 20 minutes had it somewhat on its tires with the help of a single axle flatbed semi with 10 tons of gravel in it(and 50 feet of chains) This happened at 11:00 pm, and being dark, I waited til morning to finish getting the Thomas up out of the creek bed. I did start it few times to raise and lower the boom, with the grapple bucket. Did not run it more than 5 seconds at a time. I was very concerned of the same issue of oil/water in the cylinders. It had leaked antifreeze, hydraulic oil into the creek, about a cup of each. I cleaned that up as soon as I had it back up on dry land. If I had waited all night to to upright the machine I would have turned the engine over backwords by hand, like they do with sprint cars, to remove any liquid that would have been in the cylinders. That is not easy to do on these machines. The only other way to make sure the cylinders were clear would be remove injectors or glow plugs and turn the engine over with the starter.

I do not want to do roll this machine on its side again. Being dark and not knowing where I was backing up, and did not have side lights, contributed to this accident. After that I still worked in the dark, I stayed a long ways away from the creek.
That was the first the first time, the second was a hard nose over with a 3,600 pounds eco block hanging off the front too high and driving through a pot hole. The block swung out away from the machine and it hard nosed over. Semi to the rescue again. Not as dramatic as going over on its side, but I had a hard time getting out of the machine.
Please learn from my mistakes! Carry loads as LOW as possible and add many lights to your machine if you wish to work in the dark. Always be aware of your surroundings!

Attachments

• IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4380.jpeg
    IMG_4380.jpeg
    817.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4671.jpeg
    IMG_4671.jpeg
    850.2 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts