BICS issues and sudden lock up of wheels/lift

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

charlie12

Hope somebody can help. My 773 with 500 hours has been acting up. While in use, it would suddenly lock all the hydraulics up. I could restart and continue working. Now, it appears the problem is no longer intermittent, but permanant, and the only way I can move the bobcat is using the traction lock override. The error code is 11-05 which in the manual states "seat bar sensor short to battery". My first thought it is the seat bar sensor (which I have read about on this web site). Here is the wierd thing, when I move the seat bar up and down, the light on the BICS turns on/off as it should if the key is on but the engine is not running. If I start the engine, the seat bar light turns off(regardless of seat bar position), making progress impossible. I do not think this bobcat has a seat sensor. Any advice would be appreciated Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
It could be a bad sender or even wiring has rubbed through causing a short. You're on the right track looking at the lights on the BICS box.
Try removeing the sensor and starting the machine, move a magnet around the sensor and see if the light comes on.

Rich M-37

It could be a bad sender or even wiring has rubbed through causing a short. You're on the right track looking at the lights on the BICS box.
Try removeing the sensor and starting the machine, move a magnet around the sensor and see if the light comes on.
If you donot have a set sensor, does it have a button that replaces it. On my 873 the seat sensor used to stick. When I went to Bobcat they asked if I wanted to upgrade to a button because the seat switch can be problematic. It was more money so I replaced the set sensor. If you have such an upgrade look at wiring for it. Rich M-37