Belly pan or mud guard L555 1989 build.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

deaop06

I have a L555 that was missing the belly pan. It is the front one. Can anyone tell me what the thickness of the steel is? I can make one but need to know thickness. Seems that be should be 3/16 or 1/4". It is the one that covers the fuel tank. Thanks Ron

Tazza

Staff member
I'd go as thick as you can within reason. 1/4" is good, especially if it protects the fuel tank.

GLWelder

My 555 was missing the front two shields.......I guess farmers don't need them! The fuel tank has many scares in it from being run w/o protection. I used 1/4 plate to replace them and and am confident the machine is well protected underneath now.

OP
OP
deaop06

deaop06

My 555 was missing the front two shields.......I guess farmers don't need them! The fuel tank has many scares in it from being run w/o protection. I used 1/4 plate to replace them and and am confident the machine is well protected underneath now.
1/4" is what I also used. I made mine in a couple of days. Not only does the front one protect the fuel tank but supports it. 16 gals of fuel is heavy and the tank supports are not designed to hold that much weight. We do what we have to. I could not find the front one and the rear one was $210.00 + shipping. Both of mine cost 205.00 to my house. Ron