axle leaking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

antfarmer2

Definitely not a good spot for a hole. All kinds of contaminates(water, dirt, sand, insects, etc.) could get it and ruin bearings, seals and oil.
Agreed OM he needs to pick it up and pull in and out up and down back and forth on the tire to see drain and clean

OP
OP
M

muddy2

Agreed OM he needs to pick it up and pull in and out up and down back and forth on the tire to see drain and clean
**Fist thing I would d is take the plug out of the front of the chain case in the front behind the bucket and see if fluid comes pouring out be ready to put it back if it does then let it drain some how catching it and let us know** OK Iv looked for this plug not to familiar with a Bobcat can't or don't see the plug your talking about (everything is covered with dirt).. gota do some backhoe work then I'll work on fixing it .. prob JB weld hole off or maybe weld it still no clue why the hole is there

OldMachinist

**Fist thing I would d is take the plug out of the front of the chain case in the front behind the bucket and see if fluid comes pouring out be ready to put it back if it does then let it drain some how catching it and let us know** OK Iv looked for this plug not to familiar with a Bobcat can't or don't see the plug your talking about (everything is covered with dirt).. gota do some backhoe work then I'll work on fixing it .. prob JB weld hole off or maybe weld it still no clue why the hole is there
 photo ChaincaseOil_zps23488781.jpg

OP
OP
M

muddy2

well shoot I did see that thing lol but it looked to be something other than a plug, thanks .. so before I get started .. inside behind the wheel is 1 seal or 2? in my picture the mystery hole is a few inches back off the wheel so how deep is the seal .. sounds like a more time consuming task than anything else

antfarmer2

well shoot I did see that thing lol but it looked to be something other than a plug, thanks .. so before I get started .. inside behind the wheel is 1 seal or 2? in my picture the mystery hole is a few inches back off the wheel so how deep is the seal .. sounds like a more time consuming task than anything else
The seal is less than a inch thick and at the end of the axle tube

antfarmer2

have not done that yet but I will asap prob Monday or Tuesday
If your going to fix it and not drive it don't bother filling it your going to lose it anyways call up bobcat and order the parts you can use a ccard and have them droped shipped to your door you will need both case seals for the drive motors o-rings and maybe the quad rings if yours has them should be under 50 bucks

antfarmer2

If your going to fix it and not drive it don't bother filling it your going to lose it anyways call up bobcat and order the parts you can use a ccard and have them droped shipped to your door you will need both case seals for the drive motors o-rings and maybe the quad rings if yours has them should be under 50 bucks
Maybe OM can bless us with a pic I think yours does not have the reduction boxes like my 743