ASV 4810 PLANETARY GEARS

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OSHT

JUST PURCHASED 2002 ASV 4810 I LIKE THIS MACHINE I USE T320 BOBCAT ALOT AND THIS 105 HP ASV IS A BADASS MACHINE,,,, OK CHECKED MY GEAR LUBE TODAY FOUND IT DRY SO YOU GOT TO ADD SOME JUST TO SEE HOW FAST IT RUN OUT !!!!! NEED NEW BEARING AN SEALS IM SHUR,,, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TIMKEN BEARING #AND WERE CAN I GET TRACK REMOVAL TOOL NEVER WORKED ON AN ASV AND WERE CAN I GETCAGE ROLLERS IS THERE A PLASTIC INSERT IF SO CAN I USE NEAPREME THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT AND HELP

Tazza

Staff member
First of all, turn caps lock off.
Can you pull it down and find the bearing numbers on the cups and cones?

leaddog

I have a 4520 that I rebuilt the planatary box. Go to the asv website and download the manual and it will give instruction on removeing the tracks. Follow the instructions or you will have a hard time. They are heavy and only go on and off one way. I would pull the planitarys apart if they were dry. One of mine had bearings totaly wiped out and was full of dirt, broken balls etc. i thought it was total shot but when i cleaned it up there wasn't a chipped tooth or bad wear at all. Replaced bearings and seals and it was good to go. But I was very lucky. pm or email me and I can send you a part break down for mine. I don't know if it is the same but think it is.The parts cost from $300 to 500 for bearings and seals. Only found seals from asv and they were expensive. I replaced one side of cage rollers. I bought some steel tubing for the inside and some UHMW plastic tubing for the outer rollers. I think the steel was 1/2x1inx10ft and the UHMW tubing was 1inx 1 1/2x6ft and I need two of them. I then cut them to lenght and replaced the old. I was able to save the long bolts and reuse them but....... I had a bear of a time getting them apart. It has worked out very good and they seem to be wearing about the same as new. It was alot of work but saved me a ton. If the inside rollers hadn't been wore so much I could have gotten by with just the UHMWP but they were to far gone. Also if the outer rings are to far warn then you will have to replace them. leaddog

OP
OP
O

OSHT

I have a 4520 that I rebuilt the planatary box. Go to the asv website and download the manual and it will give instruction on removeing the tracks. Follow the instructions or you will have a hard time. They are heavy and only go on and off one way. I would pull the planitarys apart if they were dry. One of mine had bearings totaly wiped out and was full of dirt, broken balls etc. i thought it was total shot but when i cleaned it up there wasn't a chipped tooth or bad wear at all. Replaced bearings and seals and it was good to go. But I was very lucky. pm or email me and I can send you a part break down for mine. I don't know if it is the same but think it is.The parts cost from $300 to 500 for bearings and seals. Only found seals from asv and they were expensive. I replaced one side of cage rollers. I bought some steel tubing for the inside and some UHMW plastic tubing for the outer rollers. I think the steel was 1/2x1inx10ft and the UHMW tubing was 1inx 1 1/2x6ft and I need two of them. I then cut them to lenght and replaced the old. I was able to save the long bolts and reuse them but....... I had a bear of a time getting them apart. It has worked out very good and they seem to be wearing about the same as new. It was alot of work but saved me a ton. If the inside rollers hadn't been wore so much I could have gotten by with just the UHMWP but they were to far gone. Also if the outer rings are to far warn then you will have to replace them. leaddog
leaddog thanks for your post,, same here planetary full of mud bearing in pieces,,, seals are on there way bought bearings from bearing headquarters cup 20.00 and cap 40.00... replaced rollers & outer ring $42.00.. what is uhmwp????and were to buy it?? what is the best sealer to reasemble planetary whats the chepest 10in. boggie you found and i do have one bucket cylinder for your machine my 4810 had mismached cylinders on it 1.250in. when i need 1.500 its got to be worth $100.00...to somone,, my undercarage will good for a quite some time when im done,,,what hyd. fluid do you use??? thanks again

leaddog

leaddog thanks for your post,, same here planetary full of mud bearing in pieces,,, seals are on there way bought bearings from bearing headquarters cup 20.00 and cap 40.00... replaced rollers & outer ring $42.00.. what is uhmwp????and were to buy it?? what is the best sealer to reasemble planetary whats the chepest 10in. boggie you found and i do have one bucket cylinder for your machine my 4810 had mismached cylinders on it 1.250in. when i need 1.500 its got to be worth $100.00...to somone,, my undercarage will good for a quite some time when im done,,,what hyd. fluid do you use??? thanks again
I got the uhmwp here. http://www.professionalplastics.com/UHMWSHEETRODTUBE It's a plastic that is for high abrasive aplications. I got two tubes 1in x 1 1/2in x 8ft and cut them to lenght. I had to get two and had enough left over for half of the other side. If you want to do both sides get three. I used permatex gasket paste to seal. If the seal areas are oversize you might get by using loctite. Mine were and I used .010 shim stock and loctite and it worked well. A trick i learned in my profession, Machine repair. I didn't have to replace any bogies. I have thought if I have to I will look into machining up some uhmwp for there also. It should hold up well in that aplication also. We used to use alot of it for high abrasive aplications and it holds up great. Does your machine have the pto installed? Mine did and I took it off and put it on a 3pt adapter I made and now can run my snowblower, brushhog, etc. I'll take some pic's when I get a chance and post it in the homemade fourm. It really works nice. Good luck leaddog

leaddog

As far as the hyd fluid that i used, I used Tractorsupply trans hyd oil. I did alot of looking and asv recomends there fluid and it is expensive but it is for higher heat use. I use mine just for a hobby farm and don't use it hard and I also warm it up good in the winter so people I talked to said the tractorsupply oil would work ok. A couple of asv maintance guys said they use 46hyd oil unbranded. I got the TS oil on sale for $30x5gal and The high price stuff was $105x5gal so it was a no brainer for me. Now if it was a new machine, business machine i might think different. I do watch the filters, and will probably change it out sooner than recomended to keep the additives fresh. leaddog

dob

After weeks of searching for the Planetary Drive within the ASV 4810 and other ASV units ( ASV #0307-030 ( Planetary, Drive, Auburn 21.74:1 )), I found the entire planetary unit to be manufactured by Auburn Gear of Auburn Indiana (TEL: 260-925-3200). Jane at x310 appeared to know everything about the unit ( Auburn PN: 6000-1067). She typically has all the parts, but without a big order, you must go through a distributor to get them. The CT office of "Hydro Air" 203-672-8824 was more than happy to take my order for Auburn Gears ASV 4810 Planetary internal parts. Primary Sun Gear ( PN 6165170), Proprietary seal (PN 604423) and snap ring kit (PN 14-02-410-003)

Tazza

Staff member
After weeks of searching for the Planetary Drive within the ASV 4810 and other ASV units ( ASV #0307-030 ( Planetary, Drive, Auburn 21.74:1 )), I found the entire planetary unit to be manufactured by Auburn Gear of Auburn Indiana (TEL: 260-925-3200). Jane at x310 appeared to know everything about the unit ( Auburn PN: 6000-1067). She typically has all the parts, but without a big order, you must go through a distributor to get them. The CT office of "Hydro Air" 203-672-8824 was more than happy to take my order for Auburn Gears ASV 4810 Planetary internal parts. Primary Sun Gear ( PN 6165170), Proprietary seal (PN 604423) and snap ring kit (PN 14-02-410-003)
Good detective work, how much cheaper was it to get from them vs the dealer?

dob

Good detective work, how much cheaper was it to get from them vs the dealer?
The dealer wanted over $2000 for the entire unit, the smallest part they acknowledge. A local machine shop wanted $850 to machine one gear and $300 more for a spare if I wanted. Auburn Gear (their distributor) sold me two of the gears at $31.70 each.

Tazza

Staff member
The dealer wanted over $2000 for the entire unit, the smallest part they acknowledge. A local machine shop wanted $850 to machine one gear and $300 more for a spare if I wanted. Auburn Gear (their distributor) sold me two of the gears at $31.70 each.
Wow, that's a great saving! It sure was worth the effort then :)