Anyone near Millbrook Ontario, I need a favor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

I was a little depressed last fall when a renter broke the output shaft off on my auger drive. They are $445. I resign to buying one to rebuild it along with some other bobcat parts I needed. Even called my friendly Bobcat dealer, but they had to email me some parts breakdowns to see just what I needed.
While awaiting their email, I make a last ditch effort on Google I manage to find one for $100, even in my native Ontario.
However delight turned to dismay, tonight the dude emails me back saying he don't want the hassle of shipping it... and I'm only a 20 hour drive away.
Anyone live near Millbrook , On
I could use a favor....
http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-car...tput-shaft-for-15C-and-30C-W0QQAdIdZ251741600
Ken

nobull1

My skeptical mind wonders why he could not just throw it in a box and send it? Hopefully someone might be near and will do that for you. A last recourse might be to offer him a $100.00 extra to ship it. It would still be a deal for you and surely $100.00 extra would make it worth his while.

Brian

siduramaxde

My skeptical mind wonders why he could not just throw it in a box and send it? Hopefully someone might be near and will do that for you. A last recourse might be to offer him a $100.00 extra to ship it. It would still be a deal for you and surely $100.00 extra would make it worth his while.

Brian
what a d!ck.... Wish I could help.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

Ken, I see Millbrook chamber of commerce has a website maybe they would know of a local that would pack and ship, maybe the local machine shop or implement dealer
Brian, Jerry, both good thoughts, I believe he has two, may try the chamber and see if I can get both.
I have broke 2 now, (one on warranty, 2 months in) so I should be able to flip it. I was wanting to sell that auger too, I had to get a new one to finish the season and I needed the larger one for my 36" bit anyway.
My new one has a 5 year warranty on the drive, so I'm hoping its more bullet proof.
Thanks for the ideas guys.
Ken

glenbell

Brian, Jerry, both good thoughts, I believe he has two, may try the chamber and see if I can get both.
I have broke 2 now, (one on warranty, 2 months in) so I should be able to flip it. I was wanting to sell that auger too, I had to get a new one to finish the season and I needed the larger one for my 36" bit anyway.
My new one has a 5 year warranty on the drive, so I'm hoping its more bullet proof.
Thanks for the ideas guys.
Ken
I'd be tempted to e-mail that nutjob and tell him if he's not willing to throw it in a box and take it to the post office (or whatever) then he should be trying to sell it with a paper note pinned to a bulletin board downtown somewhere instead of on a medium that is broadcast all over the world.

Geeez....

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I'd be tempted to e-mail that nutjob and tell him if he's not willing to throw it in a box and take it to the post office (or whatever) then he should be trying to sell it with a paper note pinned to a bulletin board downtown somewhere instead of on a medium that is broadcast all over the world.

Geeez....
Glen
Kijiji like craigs list has all these fraud warning about not doing business in person, so maybe thats his problem, but I sent him my #'s you would think he could call and feel a guy out. I was hoping to talk to him because I was likely going to be the guy to put the cash out before hand and taking the risk anyway. I'd have been open to most ways this could be made to work.
Some people are hard to understand. I would think he would be hard pressed to find many local people wanting them.
Your idea is tempting though!
Ken

glenbell

Glen
Kijiji like craigs list has all these fraud warning about not doing business in person, so maybe thats his problem, but I sent him my #'s you would think he could call and feel a guy out. I was hoping to talk to him because I was likely going to be the guy to put the cash out before hand and taking the risk anyway. I'd have been open to most ways this could be made to work.
Some people are hard to understand. I would think he would be hard pressed to find many local people wanting them.
Your idea is tempting though!
Ken
Hi Ken:

Yup, I just don't have the patience for people like that - realistically why not just advertise it in the local newspaper if you don't want to package it up and send it to someone? If you advertise ANYwhere on the net you should expect some long distance responses. When I bought that grapple from you, if you'd have said "nope, gotta pick it up locally" I'd have made sure that you knew EXACTLY what I thought of that. Buyer is willing to pay the purchase price up front and also whatever the shipping charge is so what the h......????
Hope your winter is going well - wanna buy some snow? I got way too much. I'll ship.....
Glen

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

Hi Ken:

Yup, I just don't have the patience for people like that - realistically why not just advertise it in the local newspaper if you don't want to package it up and send it to someone? If you advertise ANYwhere on the net you should expect some long distance responses. When I bought that grapple from you, if you'd have said "nope, gotta pick it up locally" I'd have made sure that you knew EXACTLY what I thought of that. Buyer is willing to pay the purchase price up front and also whatever the shipping charge is so what the h......????
Hope your winter is going well - wanna buy some snow? I got way too much. I'll ship.....
Glen
Yep I agree, no request from the buyer is out of the question, Seller just decides the price for that service and hopefully both can agree to the cost. He and I never even got to the " how do I pay", just said he don't want to ship.
I left a message with the chamber there today, but never hear back yet. But on a positive note seller emailed me back tonight and he is reconsidering, so there is hope yet.
As for snow, I'm getting a little tired of movin it off the yard too... but its been good for sales. Not much inventory left, Erskine and Virnig are both saying 2 to 3 weeks to build and they are running overtime too trying to keep up.
My young son thinks it great though, I have had him in the other loader some and we plow in tandem. He is pretty puffed up these days!

Latest posts