Any other photographers here?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

glenbell

I used to shoot weddings and portraits back in the 80's and 90's before digital era. I enjoyed creative stuff more though, people shots got boring....they just want a recording of what they look like....or rather they want you to photograph them with the 'magic' lens so they look like they WANT to look like. I have a digital SLR that I play around with now a bit - can't beat the developing costs! Glen

OP
OP
Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1

I used to shoot weddings and portraits back in the 80's and 90's before digital era. I enjoyed creative stuff more though, people shots got boring....they just want a recording of what they look like....or rather they want you to photograph them with the 'magic' lens so they look like they WANT to look like. I have a digital SLR that I play around with now a bit - can't beat the developing costs! Glen
Thank god I have never even had the slightest urge to do weddings... I shoot a little of everything with my "job" being staff photographer for a railway museum in MA... I love it but havent had much time this season with the new house and upkeep to get out there much... I still shoot film as well as digital and my girlfriend and I collect old cameras... they make great conversation pieces around the house and last time I counted we were somewhere over 70 cameras both in display units and ones we actually use...
Here are a couple shots of mine from over this season... I will post the thumbnails and make them clickable so that people can see the larger version...
2009 Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum/www.northeastfoto.com Sponsored Nightshoot

I love my black and whites...

I shoot a lot of cemetaries... much more fun than weddings and they dont talk back...LOL

This was while on break at work on an abandoned floor, taken with one of my all time fav cameras... a Pentax K1000

John Boyd Thatcher State Park Fenceline

skidsteer.ca

Thank god I have never even had the slightest urge to do weddings... I shoot a little of everything with my "job" being staff photographer for a railway museum in MA... I love it but havent had much time this season with the new house and upkeep to get out there much... I still shoot film as well as digital and my girlfriend and I collect old cameras... they make great conversation pieces around the house and last time I counted we were somewhere over 70 cameras both in display units and ones we actually use...
Here are a couple shots of mine from over this season... I will post the thumbnails and make them clickable so that people can see the larger version...
2009 Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum/www.northeastfoto.com Sponsored Nightshoot

I love my black and whites...

I shoot a lot of cemetaries... much more fun than weddings and they dont talk back...LOL

This was while on break at work on an abandoned floor, taken with one of my all time fav cameras... a Pentax K1000

John Boyd Thatcher State Park Fenceline
My wife "thinks" she is, though she won't even read a basic book on the subject, learned it all in high school photo class, I guess.
Modern cameras are pretty easy to use and make up for many short comings in the person holding it. We both take a lot of pictures with pocket digital (I'm sure that doesn't qualify here) and she has a couple Nikon slr film cameras that thankfully get less use then they used to. (we have a mountain of albums with every photo ever taken in them) Now days it just filling up sd cards, (at least they are smaller to store) and thankfully not all get printed.
I use mine mostly for documenting work related things and email pics to friends far away about what I'm doing these days, including pics of our young family. I started with a yashica 230 af that was stolen and replaced it with a good Canon slr that eventually met the same fate and I kind of gave it up as a hobby.
I do like the first two and the last shot. How did you get that old engine so well lit?

OP
OP
Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1

My wife "thinks" she is, though she won't even read a basic book on the subject, learned it all in high school photo class, I guess.
Modern cameras are pretty easy to use and make up for many short comings in the person holding it. We both take a lot of pictures with pocket digital (I'm sure that doesn't qualify here) and she has a couple Nikon slr film cameras that thankfully get less use then they used to. (we have a mountain of albums with every photo ever taken in them) Now days it just filling up sd cards, (at least they are smaller to store) and thankfully not all get printed.
I use mine mostly for documenting work related things and email pics to friends far away about what I'm doing these days, including pics of our young family. I started with a yashica 230 af that was stolen and replaced it with a good Canon slr that eventually met the same fate and I kind of gave it up as a hobby.
I do like the first two and the last shot. How did you get that old engine so well lit?
actually one of my most sold images was taken with a Canon point-N-shoot camera... its more about the eye than the gear...
We actually use a studio strobe that is manpacked (Lumedyne 800ws) and basically you paint the scene... a shot like this can be anywheres from 45 seconds to 2 minutes in total darkness... and the models have to stay perfectly still... since you like those... click HERE to see the rest of my shots from that series... its an all night event and for this particular event we have the managing editor for Railfan and Railroad Magazine come to do the lighting...

coreya3212

actually one of my most sold images was taken with a Canon point-N-shoot camera... its more about the eye than the gear...
We actually use a studio strobe that is manpacked (Lumedyne 800ws) and basically you paint the scene... a shot like this can be anywheres from 45 seconds to 2 minutes in total darkness... and the models have to stay perfectly still... since you like those... click HERE to see the rest of my shots from that series... its an all night event and for this particular event we have the managing editor for Railfan and Railroad Magazine come to do the lighting...
I've been had. You said models.

Bandit1047

You are forgiven.
My wife and I just returned from Slovenia, one of the most amazing countries I have ever been to.
I shot well over 1400 photos and have not gone through them all at this time. I am glad that I followed a photo class instructors advice: Shoot until you can't shoot any more! Out of the 498 pictures I have reviewed, I found 4 that could be in a calander, 8 more that I will frame. and the rest are great memories of our trip. Joe