Adapting a Bobcat Backhoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nflodge

I'm finding a lot of great deals on Bobcat backhoe attachments. NH units seem tough to come by. What are the problems I can expect adapting a Bobcat backhoe to my 98 LX565? Don't hold back if you've done it! I want all the gory details.

Tazza

Staff member
The only real issue is making the mount to hold it to the frame. The hookup to the "bobtach" is the easy part, making the mount to the frame so it doesn't flop around is the hard part. Old bobcats used trailer ball and sockets, simple yet effective.
Hopefully you can work something out that won't be too hard.

mllud

The only real issue is making the mount to hold it to the frame. The hookup to the "bobtach" is the easy part, making the mount to the frame so it doesn't flop around is the hard part. Old bobcats used trailer ball and sockets, simple yet effective.
Check good for slop in the pins and control valve. Your most likely familiar. If its priced right replacing a couple pins and bushings is not major work. I would love to have a back hoe attachment.

jerry

Check good for slop in the pins and control valve. Your most likely familiar. If its priced right replacing a couple pins and bushings is not major work. I would love to have a back hoe attachment.
I have a old davis hoe on my lx665 , had it on a 632 bobcat before. It is hard to find a decent mounting place for the solid link without obstructing the doorway. In the end I put a heavy angle iron on the outside of door transom and used a single trailer hitch ball on it. It has worked well except for once when I lifted the hoe with the hitch still locked down.

Lunatic

I bought a bobcat backhoe attachment, the mounts present a challenge for a minute... what i can't seem to overcome is the hydraulics, I use my grapple bucket fine... how do I get the hydraulics to flow freely to backhoe? Once connected i try to use the backhoe and nothing moves...Help!