873 seat bar switch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

npppllc

My seat bar switch periodicaly kicks off for no reason. I have replaced the switch and cleaned all wire connectons. My question is, is there some other componet that would make the machine think the bar is up. I'm affraid I'm going to tear up the machine (and me). Thanks

mrfixitpaul

Check that the bolts that hold the pivots for the seatbar are tight. If they are loose, the sensor magnet can bounce away from the sensor.

skidsteer.ca

Check that the bolts that hold the pivots for the seatbar are tight. If they are loose, the sensor magnet can bounce away from the sensor.
Sometimes the pivot gets dry and wears itself out and gets sloppy causing the magnet to move away from the sensor. It may need some new pivot and busings if this is the case.
Ken

OP
OP
N

npppllc

Sometimes the pivot gets dry and wears itself out and gets sloppy causing the magnet to move away from the sensor. It may need some new pivot and busings if this is the case.
Ken
Good call on the pivot. I took everything back apart and the bushing that goes through the arm was broke. Sometimes it would make contact and sometimes not. When I repaced the switch and pickup I didn't remove the bushing and that was the problem all along.