Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xscape

Replaced seals in the upper and lower spools on control valve. Worked for a few hours now it is leaking from a small hole on the bottom of the control valve,, b mclean

7LBSSMALLIE

question what is small hole in bottom. send pictures please .typicaaly conttrol vale reseal conists of lift and tilt spools parts neeeded, 4 quads(ensure lip faces right way,) 1 plug and o ring for lift spool 4 balls 2 springs. aux spool normally doesnt leak. follow pedals to spools. should be top two.and dont pull valve pull steering console/ this will get you access.i have seen many a shade tree try to get this done and fail bad. not diffuclt shop labor about 3 for those of us who have done a hundred. parts 12 bucks.

Tazza

Staff member
question what is small hole in bottom. send pictures please .typicaaly conttrol vale reseal conists of lift and tilt spools parts neeeded, 4 quads(ensure lip faces right way,) 1 plug and o ring for lift spool 4 balls 2 springs. aux spool normally doesnt leak. follow pedals to spools. should be top two.and dont pull valve pull steering console/ this will get you access.i have seen many a shade tree try to get this done and fail bad. not diffuclt shop labor about 3 for those of us who have done a hundred. parts 12 bucks.
It sounds like you may have damaged the seal wehn you installed it, or the seal is the wrong way around.
I assume this is the setup with a solenoid to lock the pedals out. Ensure when you fix the leak that you remove all the oil from the solenoid, i used compressed air and solvent. Oil makes them be slugish and may stick.

Fishfiles

It sounds like you may have damaged the seal wehn you installed it, or the seal is the wrong way around.
I assume this is the setup with a solenoid to lock the pedals out. Ensure when you fix the leak that you remove all the oil from the solenoid, i used compressed air and solvent. Oil makes them be slugish and may stick.
when you say hole on the bottom of the controll valve that would eliminate the spool seal , what are you calling the bottom and viewed from where , in the machine or out ....................is it leaking from the little hole in the end of the cap which houses the spring of the spool , ( which I would call the rear of the controll valve as view from the front of the machine looking into the belly of the machine ) if so then you either 1 , putting the seal in backwards , 2 , used the wrong seal or 3, damaged the seal when installing it ............... I would call the bottom where the pressure hose goes into the valve and if it where leaking from a little hole down around there it must be a rusted out plug or fitting or a blown oring