773 squeal problem-pump?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AJ

Hi- I'm new to the forum so bear with me. The local Bobcat dealer has all but shut down in this economy, so I need some advise/info. Thanks in advance and happy new year. My 773 ( 2001 model ) has 915 hours on it. Recently has developed a squeal (that sounds like a loose belt on a car) every time I open the grapple bucket and sometime when I use the right heel foot control for the bucket. Seems to get somewhat better when it warms up. Hydraulic fluid has not been changed - due at 1000 hours according to the manual. Hydraulic fluid looks good with no bubbles. I topped up the hydraulics with AW-46 type fluid within the last 80 hours. Also changed out a leaking quick disconnect on one of the lines to the grapple bucket. Loader seems to turn OK, maybe a bit slugish, but bucket goes up and down fine. Any help greatly appreciated. Don't want to damage anything further. Hope it's not a pump! Thanks AJ

OP
OP
A

AJ

It might just need the drive belt adjusted or replaced. Do you have the square or triangle headlights?
Service manuals
Sqaure headlight http://www.mediafire.com/?x88e2hovv9dfs
Triangle headlights http://www.mediafire.com/?rq1y9kut1vma7
I have the triangular headlights. Didn't consider the drive belt. Is that the one I can see on the engine or is there another? Thanks.

OldMachinist

I have the triangular headlights. Didn't consider the drive belt. Is that the one I can see on the engine or is there another? Thanks.
The drive belt is behind the sheild thats held on by three clips. Download the hydrostatic service section of the service manual and look at page 30-50-1.

skidsteer.ca

The drive belt is behind the sheild thats held on by three clips. Download the hydrostatic service section of the service manual and look at page 30-50-1.
The drive belt is on the left end of the engine from the back od machine. It runs all your pumps off the flywheel from the large belt.
It has a spring loaded idler that you pry down to re tension the belt. Vary common for them to slip and squeal under situations that make the engine work hard when the belt becomes somewhat loose. Lifting hard, pushing hard or even making a tight turn will often cause the belt to slip when its too loose.
Read up about setting the tension the manual link above.
Ken