763 quit making "click" noise when i turn key

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hi guys, I put a new starter on my 1995 763 today which works great but now when i turn the key forward it doesn't make the click noise i was hearing before. I assume that has to do with the fuel. Does anyone know a starting point to figure out what would cause this?

OldMachinist

Does the engine not start when you turn it over? The click noise you hear when you turn the key on most skid steers is the fuel solenoid pulling open.

reaperman

The engine turns over but does not crank. Basically like it's not getting any fuel
It isnt getting fuel, like Tazza mentioned its the fuel shutoff solenoid "stuck closed" and not letting fuel thru. It most likely needs replacing, I've seen machines that had the fuse blow that caused this to happen also. So check the fuse first, you should be able to pull the solenoid open manually and tie it open to run the machine if needed.

OP
OP
G
It isnt getting fuel, like Tazza mentioned its the fuel shutoff solenoid "stuck closed" and not letting fuel thru. It most likely needs replacing, I've seen machines that had the fuse blow that caused this to happen also. So check the fuse first, you should be able to pull the solenoid open manually and tie it open to run the machine if needed.
Ok great! Can you briefly describe where to find the fuel shut off solenoid?

OldMachinist

Ok great! Can you briefly describe where to find the fuel shut off solenoid?
 photo fuelsolenoid_zpsf47b84fa.jpg

Bobcatdan

If this happen right after you change the starter, first check you hooked all the wires up. More then a few times I have had to make service calls for electric problems after guys changed their starter to find a wire off.