763 losing fuel prime

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

teeroy

Hey, I have a 763 thats losing the fuel prime and the engine will shut off. i can blead the system fine the fuel primer will go hard, but the engine will stop after 5min of running. the fuel primer will then be soft. thanks troy

Websterspower

I would isolate whether it is from the primer bulb back. I'm thinking dip tube... Disconnect the fuel hose from the primer bulb that goes to the fuel tank and run a piece of hose to a aux tank (anything that will hold diesel) bleed the system and see what happens... if it will run for more than the time frame you are currently experiencing then I would suspect a cracked/broken dip tube. Is it the kubota? is the bleed screw on the injection pump closed tight? Just my two cents Shawn

Tazza

Staff member
I would isolate whether it is from the primer bulb back. I'm thinking dip tube... Disconnect the fuel hose from the primer bulb that goes to the fuel tank and run a piece of hose to a aux tank (anything that will hold diesel) bleed the system and see what happens... if it will run for more than the time frame you are currently experiencing then I would suspect a cracked/broken dip tube. Is it the kubota? is the bleed screw on the injection pump closed tight? Just my two cents Shawn
It could be a broken fule pickup line too. I agree with the above post, isolating the tank and hoses is the best way to find the problem. The machine will be happy to work on a bottle of fuel as a test.

OP
OP
T

teeroy

It could be a broken fule pickup line too. I agree with the above post, isolating the tank and hoses is the best way to find the problem. The machine will be happy to work on a bottle of fuel as a test.
under the cab at the top of the fuel tank, will the fuel line just pop out? thanks troy

OP
OP
T

teeroy

Yes, it should pop out of the tank. It may be a little hard with age though.
hey i pulled the hose out the top of the tanks turns out the hose is split at the top... on another note when it was primed up, and if i was to blead the water out the bottom of the fuel filter it leakes a heap off fuel is this normal or is the split hoes the problem?

Tazza

Staff member
hey i pulled the hose out the top of the tanks turns out the hose is split at the top... on another note when it was primed up, and if i was to blead the water out the bottom of the fuel filter it leakes a heap off fuel is this normal or is the split hoes the problem?
Its normal to get some fuel out too, the fuel will float on the water so when you got any trapped water you will get fuel. Is that what you meant?
Good to hear you found the problem, the pickup tubes are known for falling apart like that.

OP
OP
T

teeroy

Its normal to get some fuel out too, the fuel will float on the water so when you got any trapped water you will get fuel. Is that what you meant?
Good to hear you found the problem, the pickup tubes are known for falling apart like that.
yeah but it comes out with alot of pressure.. troy

Tazza

Staff member
yeah but it comes out with alot of pressure.. troy
If you have squeezed the hand primer bulb, it will pressureise the line, its not much, but still more than enough to make a good stream when you open up the filter drain plug.