763 lift piston removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Doorman

Hi everyone I'm in the middle of trying to paint my bobcat. I'm trying to remove the two lift piston on either side of the machine so I can paint them charcoal. I was thinking about welding a bolt onto the pins so I can put a puller or a slide hammer on them. I'm not sure if they are suppose to be pounded in to the motor compartment. I hope not that looks like a shit show to reinstall them Thanks every one

Tazza

Staff member
I have knocked them inwards before, you may need to push things out of the way to get them to clear, but it can be done. I found the air intake hose was the hardest spot.

OP
OP
D

Doorman

I have knocked them inwards before, you may need to push things out of the way to get them to clear, but it can be done. I found the air intake hose was the hardest spot.
Do the pins have heads on them stoping them from being pulled out from the outside or is the only way to drive them in

Tazza

Staff member
Do the pins have heads on them stoping them from being pulled out from the outside or is the only way to drive them in
Not if they are factory, they are the same both ends. The issue is if they have been bashed to get them to free up, the end can mushroom a little making it very hard to push through.

OP
OP
D

Doorman

Not if they are factory, they are the same both ends. The issue is if they have been bashed to get them to free up, the end can mushroom a little making it very hard to push through.
Ok thanks for all ur help I will try it and let u no how I make out thanks

Latest posts