763 fuel kill solenoid wont come on

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ATVJUNK

ok guys I have a 2002 763 bobcat that I can use and run fine but I have to tie the fuel solenoid over to (run) and to turn off the engine I have to get off and go to the engine and flip the kill solenoid to (off). Kinda a pain in the butt and I like things to work right and also I know its not my fuel solenoid on engine cause I took one off a working 763 and it still not working, I also took and cleaned all my relays in front of the seat so maybe there is a fuse I am missing? any help would be great

OldMachinist

Fuse 6 is for the fuel solenoid pull coil. Try swapping the relay for the fuel with the glow plug relay. Also check that the black wire on the solenoid has a good ground.
 photo Fuserelay_zpsd415fbfa.jpg

OP
OP
A

ATVJUNK

Fuse 6 is for the fuel solenoid pull coil. Try swapping the relay for the fuel with the glow plug relay. Also check that the black wire on the solenoid has a good ground.
I checked the fuse and its good and I cleaned the relay prongs. so can the relay just go bad? I will swap the relays and try it. I will let you know. thanks for the reply oldmachinist

Fishfiles

I checked the fuse and its good and I cleaned the relay prongs. so can the relay just go bad? I will swap the relays and try it. I will let you know. thanks for the reply oldmachinist
there are three wires to the solinoid , pull is only hot while the engine is turning over to start , hold gets hot after the oil pressure gets up , and ground , the oldest series took voltage for the pull from the armature lug of the solinoid of the starter , some have a seperate timer relay mounted on the rear door frame , newer models has the voltage sent from the controller , new series also have a section of wiring harness which plugs in between the solinoid and the harness , it has a fuse holder and a device called a timer , it could be alot of different things that could cause your problem ---------------------- you could take a choke or lawn mower throttle cable , mount it in the cab , disconnect the solinoid and attach the end the cable to the stop arm , pull to kill , push to stop 15 minute job and you'll never have to worry about it again -- the machine will lose it's abillity to shut it's self down on it's own , but the alarm would still go off alert you of a temp or pressure problem

OP
OP
A

ATVJUNK

there are three wires to the solinoid , pull is only hot while the engine is turning over to start , hold gets hot after the oil pressure gets up , and ground , the oldest series took voltage for the pull from the armature lug of the solinoid of the starter , some have a seperate timer relay mounted on the rear door frame , newer models has the voltage sent from the controller , new series also have a section of wiring harness which plugs in between the solinoid and the harness , it has a fuse holder and a device called a timer , it could be alot of different things that could cause your problem ---------------------- you could take a choke or lawn mower throttle cable , mount it in the cab , disconnect the solinoid and attach the end the cable to the stop arm , pull to kill , push to stop 15 minute job and you'll never have to worry about it again -- the machine will lose it's abillity to shut it's self down on it's own , but the alarm would still go off alert you of a temp or pressure problem
Ok guys the number 6 fuse was replaced with a new one (old one looked nasty but still good so replaced anyway) and swapped the relays out and still nothing. Also the all the wires off the solenoid go into a harness. Anyone know anything else or had this problem?

Tazza

Staff member
Ok guys the number 6 fuse was replaced with a new one (old one looked nasty but still good so replaced anyway) and swapped the relays out and still nothing. Also the all the wires off the solenoid go into a harness. Anyone know anything else or had this problem?
If you know for sure the solenoid is good, you will need to trace the wiring back to the controller. The wires can get what some call 'black death' it's a black coating on the copper that works as an insulator that can cause all sorts of issues.

dr.bobcat

If you know for sure the solenoid is good, you will need to trace the wiring back to the controller. The wires can get what some call 'black death' it's a black coating on the copper that works as an insulator that can cause all sorts of issues.
Did you check for services codes? maybe the controller is shutdown the engine.

dr.bobcat

well its not showing any service codes or lights. Is there a way to pull a code?
With the ignition on, in the left panel push the light button for 3 seconds, in the hourmeter is the code(s) or the word "none" if no codes are present. Best regards